Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems With The Bible Pt 5 - Sodom and Gomorrah
RE: Problems With The Bible Pt 5 - Sodom and Gomorrah
(April 29, 2015 at 6:35 pm)Mental Outlaw Wrote: Taking a look at some of the problems with Sodom and Gomorrah, Why did God need to send angels to scout the city for him?

He didn't. This is a common error of atheists. That someone does something doesn't necessarily imply that they need to do it.

Quote:Why would God negotiate with Abraham about the people in the city?

To teach Abraham how wicked people are in God's view. Abraham probably thought the people of Sodom were OK. His nephew lived there, and had attained a position of some prominence there (he was sitting at the gate of the city, which from what I've read indicates some social status). Abraham had better knowledge of God and man after this incident.

Quote:Why didn't God keep lot from getting raped?  And much more.

Meh, it's easy to ask questions. Atheists like you remind me of my children - when they were 6. Thinking about the questions and looking for answers takes some effort.

(April 29, 2015 at 9:30 pm)Polaris Wrote: (Biblical scholars don't believe homosexuality was the actual sin, but more along the lines of a lack of hospitality)

While some Biblical scholars believe that, I think it's a stretch to just make the blanket statement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems With The Bible Pt 5 - Sodom and Gomorrah - by John V - April 30, 2015 at 8:59 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3409 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7816 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The people of Lot? Sodom? Pompeii?? WinterHold 36 9327 September 12, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: paulpablo
Video Problems With The Bible Pt 9 - Sampson Mental Outlaw 17 4445 September 8, 2015 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Lightbulb Problems with the theory of evolution. jamie_russels 152 43783 January 12, 2014 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  society's problems Vegamo 8 2715 January 8, 2014 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Fenix