Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 9:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'have', 'of' mixup...
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup...
(October 22, 2008 at 6:58 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Pedant!

I agree with you BTW but you're still a pedant Wink

Kyu

Lol seriously? Undecided

EDIT: Lol i checked the defintion and I'd agree I am a bit pedantic lol, I thought pedantic was more negative than the defintion seems to be lol.

I thought it was like dogmatic or preachy, seems to be more obsessively passionate about language and learning lol.

Doesn't sound as bad as I thought it was lol...I think informally it is used to mean worse than the formal definition implies. If that makes any sense lol.

P.S, from Wikipedia: 'Being referred to as a pedant, or pedantic, is generally considered insulting.[1] However some people take pride in being a pedant, especially with regard to the use of the English language.[2] In an attempt to avoid censure, people who wish to make a correction might preface it with "not wishing to be pedantic, but ..." or "without being a pedant, ...".'

Messages In This Thread
The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by Edwardo Piet - October 19, 2008 at 8:18 pm
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by Rob - October 19, 2008 at 8:37 pm
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by solidsquid - October 19, 2008 at 10:18 pm
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by Edwardo Piet - October 20, 2008 at 12:13 pm
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by Kyuuketsuki - October 22, 2008 at 6:58 am
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by Edwardo Piet - October 22, 2008 at 9:15 pm
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by Kyuuketsuki - October 23, 2008 at 5:03 am
RE: The 'have', 'of' mixup... - by Edwardo Piet - October 23, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue? Dean-o 39 8781 June 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: tackattack