Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds.
RE: 'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds.
Evie, I don't in any way mean I am better off. I just believe because the world looks that way to me. You do not, and I respect that. You should search for the things you want to.

Eilo, you're right that yourself personally do not fall into that hole. I did not mean that all you guys, or all atheists bump against that fallacy. I disagree that no one has ever said that here, do you remember the thread called 'the bible made me an atheist'? It's not a straw man if I am not breaking context. I am talking about a flaw in some peoples versions of atheism, not yours or anyone here's specifically. So the point I am arguing is said flaw, and the argument cannot be a straw man to itself. I am not trying to prove some extraneous point, so I really don't think I am in fallacy. It certainly isn't some petty attack.

One thing that piqued my interest though. You believe that Christians are trying to "decimate the constitution"? That might be part of the issue. I would ask you to really consider that the people doing the damage to America's identity are either not at all Christian or at best are terrible stewards of said faith. I'm all on board for people trying their best to change America, they've been at it for generations. I just really think it is a political and human problem, and if it is spiritual, it certainly is not Christian.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds. - by Pippy - January 8, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is life more satisfying as an atheist or religionist? FrustratedFool 96 4309 November 10, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050. Nishant Xavier 270 13403 September 30, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people purplepurpose 4 1084 September 27, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheist VS Naturalist - the latter sounds more appealing to me... Duty 385 33260 June 8, 2020 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1243 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4161 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Survey study on atheists! atheist_researcher 11 1573 October 31, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1808 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Religious kids more likely to be cunts than atheist ones Napoléon 12 2801 November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  More atheist men than women? Catholic_Lady 203 29364 July 9, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus