Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 5:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism Ireland denounces hateful bigot PZ Myers
RE: Atheism Ireland denounces hateful bigot PZ Myers
(April 9, 2015 at 5:29 pm)Alex K Wrote:
Michael Nugent Wrote:He has encouraged his blog commenters to ‘rhetorically hand [critics] a rotting porcupine and tell you to stuff it up your nether orifice’. They in turn have told people to ‘put a three week old decaying porcupine dipped in tar and broken glass up your arse sideways’, to ‘fuck yourself sideways’ with a ‘rusty chainsaw’, ‘red-hot pokers’ or a ‘rusty coat hanger’.

While that was a phrase that was thrown around in the comments section there in the last decade, everyone there agreed at some point years ago that this kind of rape fantasy rhetoric was not compatible with the social ideals of the blog, and it was summarily dropped.

(April 9, 2015 at 5:25 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: I think he went downhill once the Atheism Plus cult started. He was pretty vocal in it but the behavior displayed there by him and others was akin to angry religious cults --- since A + began and ultimately collapsed, he has begun to display really vile behavior.

I must say all I know about A+ was that Jen McCreight proposed it, I also remember that at some point she stopped blogging because she got so much hate mail. I have no clue where things went in the meantime.

Quote:Recently he had been attacking Ayaan Hirsi Ali I believe and making a strawman for no reason. The dude is just asking for shit. Sad to see a grown man, especially one whom I so deeply respected act like a child. His arguments with religion are very good, but he veers into shit that doesn't make him look good.

All I know is that she's been criticized for working for some conservative thinky tanky thingy and accused of war mongering because she's not against military intervention there.

Atheism Plus was something that...seemed good on paper but was horrible in application. It behaved like a religious cult and pursued none of the ''social justice'' goals they claimed to fight for. But when that movement began, PZ Myers began to ''branch out''

I am trying to find the specific link of what PZ said of Ali but am having trouble doing so; I'll try and find it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheism Ireland denounces hateful bigot PZ Myers - by TheMessiah - April 9, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27353 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12578 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12181 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10534 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12062 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  being a hateful person xxxtobymac 33 13423 November 16, 2011 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Theocratic Ireland mrodub 7 2932 January 24, 2011 at 4:12 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Do you think I was being a bigot? darkwolf176 26 6545 April 10, 2010 at 8:25 am
Last Post: LEDO
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38315 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack