Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British people - Thinking about emigrating...
RE: British people - Thinking about emigrating...
If you're going to come to the UK, I suggest you move to London or if not London then Liverpool or Manchester.

Every other place is the UK isn't even worth visiting, let alone living in.

I hate this country tbh. I don't like to go deep into why too much because I know it gets a lot of peoples' backs up. For me it's more than just "shit weather, no culture, unemployment" it's also an identity issue. My family come from all over the place and, despite being born in the UK, I really don't now who I am. I've never felt British, this just doesn't feel like home to me.

I've always had a "grass is greener" mentality. I know, no place is perfect and I don't expect anywhere to be, but one of my main goals in life is to get off this fucking island and never return.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: British people - Thinking about emigrating... - by Regina - August 20, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 958 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How Americans view the British Cod 81 6311 December 26, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2337 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1013 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Quick poll: Are you British? Edwardo Piet 65 9928 April 4, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Thinking About Trying Online Dating Again - Talk Me Out of It Seraphina 62 6030 July 29, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Whats going on with Thinking Atheist forum? Brian37 23 4376 July 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Thinking of making a mafia game dyresand 1 698 July 15, 2015 at 10:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  [rant] Gave church 5 months to answer my questions. What was I thinking? IanHulett 3 1500 May 10, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  What are you thinking about? Keri 485 34625 January 16, 2015 at 3:27 am
Last Post: JeffofGallifrey