Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron.
RE: 2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron.
(February 5, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Not at all.  If the pennies are so pinched that this aide comes at a cost of medical services currently being paid for...I can only assume that they would skimp on the least life thretening things they currently spend money on....and while that would be shitty..you'd still have it better than the refugees you'd be helping.

I do think they can do both.  I don't think that everybody can.  I think that people pitting health services against foreign aide are xenophobic fear mongering isolationists with a vested interest in that money -not- going to help refugees.
(unless, ofc, that's where they turn their profits)

Well your assumption seems to be oversimplified and wrong when looking at the evidence of what is happening.

The NHS still does provide teeth straightening for deformities, things like that.  That service seems to still be provided while budget cuts are happening, and according to the articles in those links it seems that there are much more serious outcomes than just teeth straightening not being provided.

So while I'm not an expert at how the NHS works I would take a guess that all services are still provided, teeth straightening, cancer treatment, emergency ambulances, pain treatment.  But how available, how fast, how efficient the general care is, seems to be according to the articles in the links, going downhill and blamed for causing deaths and the closing of hospitals and doctors surgeries.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron. - by paulpablo - February 5, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Brooks in the NY Times on Trump's inaugural day Whateverist 9 1898 January 20, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  What Kind of Genius Loses A Billion Dollars? Minimalist 30 4235 October 7, 2016 at 12:27 am
Last Post: InquiringMind
  What's $100 billion among friends? Minimalist 18 2543 February 28, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cameron wants to bring back fox hunting robvalue 30 5582 July 31, 2015 at 4:59 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What's your view about the Syrian war Ramy 6 1234 January 2, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  David Koch Heywood 34 5193 December 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  10 Pounds of Stupid in a 3 Pound Bag. Minimalist 11 2119 August 1, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  David Icke Lemonvariable72 6 1812 January 5, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: StuW
  DHS purchases 1.6 billion hollow point rounds. JohnDG 21 6798 January 11, 2013 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Sins Of General David Petraeus Silas Stingy 22 6179 November 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Something completely different