Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity actually condones murder
RE: Christianity actually condones murder
(January 2, 2017 at 10:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: "Thou shalt not kill" is cherry picking the bible. It most certainly is ok in the OT and NT and end times. 

Even in the NT the Jesus CHARACTER, because that is all he is said "Think not that I bring peace, I bring not peace, but a sword". He even tells you in the NT to abandon family and friends if they don't follow him. Now, if you think those words would not cause someone to resort to violence to defend the religion, you are delusional. 

GC Wrote:That's not cherry picking, it's a direct commandment from God.

Jesus wasn't referring to a real sword, Jesus meant that wars would be fought because of his teachings and what He had done for mankind, He also meant there would people who wanted to kill the church and that there would be large disagreements within the church and so on.
Jesus said to put Him first above all things including family, Jesus was teaching that putting him first in a person's life would result in a better relationship with him and in turn would better all of a persons relationships. I know this to be true because I've experienced this personally.

Brian37 Wrote:The OT is full of God committing acts of violence or condoning acts of violence on other tribes. Not even "thou shalt not kill" is the top commandment, he doesn't get to humans until the 5th. The first 4 are all about kissing his ass. 

GC Wrote:God as the supreme creator of the universe owns it all, yes even you, so He has the right to do what He wants with His creation. Just like I have the right to destroy a piece of furniture that I build. God did not condoned acts of war on other nations He command it for a purpose. Do you even know what that purpose was? If not then why are you trying to argue what God did or did not do, seems senseless to me a waste of your time.
The first 4 commandments are about having respect for the one who gives you life and allows you to live it.

Brian37 Wrote:So that "Thou shalt not kill" really means don't kill anyone in your own tribe. Outside that at best, you tolerate outsiders as long as they know their place. Fine print is a bitch, and the bible is full of contradictions. 

GC Wrote:Seems you and Astonished are trying to use the same argument, tell me who was the originator and who is the copyist? Like I said to Astonished, you need to prove that's the meaning of "Thou shall not kill" and do it biblical, not some random thought from your mind.
By the way, there's no contradictions in the scriptures, contradictions seem to be there because of your lack of biblical understanding.

Brian37 Wrote:Now again, if your alleged God is "all powerful" and "all loving" it would seem a pretty shitty thing to do to leave humans with a assembly manual nobody can agree on and left with several versions to which people still murder each other over. It would be like if you had two kids and stuck knives (different interpretations) into their hands, and said "Stab each other till someone dies, and their interpretation is right and because they survived, they show they love me the best".

GC Wrote:That's what I mean by not using random thoughts, they turn out as silly as the one above. Christians are not killing over different translations, most Christians use the one they can understand the best or the one their pastor preaches from, it makes it easier to follow and take notes that way. I personally have several different translation, some are more clear in some areas than others, but you know what they all say the same thing, they never contradict each other. You stated versions as if the different translations were telling different stories that's why this explanation, I want you to understand so you can rid yourself of such silly thoughts as you showed above.

GC

(January 3, 2017 at 12:49 am)Astonished Wrote:
(January 2, 2017 at 11:46 pm)Godschild Wrote: You need to prove the commandment meant Hebrew's were not to kill Hebrew's only.

GC

It seems you are struggling with the understanding of the OT laws. This particular law has a death sentence that goes with it. God wanted His people to stay pure in their worship of Him, there were terrible consequences for disobeying God on this point. Let's see if you know through the scriptures why there was terrible consequences. I'm not interested in what might pop into your head, I've heard all those tired arguments, go get it from the Bible if you are interested in discussing the scriptures.

GC

I'm not interested in discussing puerile nonsense. Just pointing out that you shouldn't base your life around it and display your staggering ignorance of it and then project your own intellectual inadequacy on someone right after they've demonstrated beyond dispute that you're just plain wrong about what you claimed.

The only thing you have accomplished thus far in your discussion with me is your total lack of understanding of the Bible. Your ignorance stands out like a sore thumb and not only that you've proved nothing except to delude yourself in believing you know one iota about the scriptures. Until you can give me an answer to the question I posed to you I will consider you have nothing of value to discuss.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
Christianity actually condones murder - by Rolandson - December 31, 2016 at 10:59 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Brian37 - December 31, 2016 at 11:22 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by phoenix31 - January 21, 2017 at 5:33 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by vorlon13 - December 31, 2016 at 11:39 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Minimalist - January 1, 2017 at 9:53 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 1, 2017 at 10:53 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Cyberman - December 31, 2016 at 11:40 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by chimp3 - December 31, 2016 at 11:44 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Brian37 - December 31, 2016 at 11:56 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 1, 2017 at 9:50 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Shell B - January 1, 2017 at 11:29 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 1, 2017 at 11:45 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by camlov2019 - January 1, 2017 at 11:49 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 2, 2017 at 12:28 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Minimalist - January 2, 2017 at 12:24 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Redoubtable - January 2, 2017 at 10:25 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Godschild - January 2, 2017 at 10:25 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 2, 2017 at 11:41 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Godschild - January 2, 2017 at 11:46 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 3, 2017 at 12:49 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Minimalist - January 2, 2017 at 12:58 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Crossless1 - January 2, 2017 at 1:17 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Godschild - January 2, 2017 at 7:47 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 2, 2017 at 7:55 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Brian37 - January 2, 2017 at 10:51 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Godschild - January 3, 2017 at 1:07 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 3, 2017 at 10:03 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Godschild - January 3, 2017 at 10:23 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 3, 2017 at 10:42 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Godschild - January 4, 2017 at 12:25 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 4, 2017 at 1:16 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Godschild - January 4, 2017 at 2:27 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Ravenshire - January 21, 2017 at 8:53 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Anomalocaris - January 2, 2017 at 10:40 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Mermaid - January 2, 2017 at 11:50 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Anomalocaris - January 2, 2017 at 11:54 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 2, 2017 at 3:38 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 2, 2017 at 6:48 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Cyberman - January 2, 2017 at 8:00 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 2, 2017 at 8:42 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Cyberman - January 2, 2017 at 8:52 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 2, 2017 at 9:33 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Cyberman - January 2, 2017 at 10:38 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Astonished - January 4, 2017 at 2:29 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Wyrd of Gawd - January 21, 2017 at 2:01 am
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Drich - January 21, 2017 at 12:23 pm
RE: Christianity actually condones murder - by Wyrd of Gawd - January 21, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lol the bible is actually ok with pedophilia, proof from passage Rarieo 80 23747 July 29, 2017 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Catholicism would actually be the most likely controlled Christianity Rolandson 10 2055 January 1, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Redoubtable
  What do non-fundamentalist Christians actually believe? Fromper 66 24587 June 30, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7051 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 50055 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Do Any Christians Actually Know Anything About the Sadducees and the Pharisees? Jenny A 30 6606 September 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Was Samson a moron, or does beguiling actually work? IanHulett 39 8570 January 27, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did God murder children for making fun of a bald guy? bluemonday 179 43340 March 31, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Are pastors and preists actually qualified? Bad Wolf 26 6101 March 14, 2014 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: shep
  Do Christians actually want evidence? FreeTony 120 33134 January 19, 2014 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Whateverist