Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to atheists about some unexplained concepts
Question to atheists about some unexplained concepts
Hey everyone,
I am new to this form. I am an agnostic, and I was curious about something.
I have been reading a book called "God's Laboratory". This book takes place in Ecuador, and it makes it clear that Ecuador is a very Christian religious country. A large deal of the book talks about IVF technology in Ecuador, and how doctors believe God is the decider as to whether or not IVF will work for a family or not. One part of the book talks about a certain saint Ecuadorians tend to pray to when they cannot have children. Apparently, there is a place where people can go, pray to a saint. Then, many have said the next time they attempt to have a child, that it works. I know it could be a coincidence, but it works for many people. I am wondering how this could be possible, and if you think this proves Christianity is correct because the people pray to a Christian saint. 
Thanks
Arda

Messages In This Thread
Question to atheists about some unexplained concepts - by arda101 - January 22, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unexplained Events That Happened To You? Jade-Green Stone 11 1275 November 19, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How do religious folks reconcile violent concepts in "peaceful" Abrahamic religions? AceBoogie 57 10894 April 28, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11031 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Question for Theists/Atheists Polaris 63 15245 October 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Cinjin