Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 9:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should not vaccinating your child be a criminal offence?
Should not vaccinating your child be a criminal offence?
There is a lot of misinformation on the internet that references “studies” that have been debunked my science. There is also the fact that science isn’t infallible and has history has shown what science believe to be good for you today, could later turn out to be bad for you. I believe in this case vaccines have proven they work, and they are good science, but their effectiveness means that the risk is much lower to be exposed and therefore need the vaccine is lower as well.

We’ve recently seen cases of preventable illness come back into America after years without a case. I’m a supporter of freedom, but I want what’s best for our society as well. Laws about seatbelts statistically save lives, but this is forcing people to do things against their will for society and their own “good”. How can we call it freedom if we don’t have the choice to make bad decisions? Freedom isn’t defined by a Stepford wife following along because she’s programed to, freedom is defined by doing things like drinking, smoking, gambling, etc that many disagree with. Where is the line in the sand on freedom?

Many public schools require immunization of children or they won’t accept them. These people are paying their taxes for services they cannot use. Should they get a tax break? Is that fair? Is it ethical to take away services paid for simply because you don’t agree with the way the person using it acts? And if it’s based more on the danger the unimmunized child presents what’s the liability?

Should we charge anti-vaxxer parents with assault or murder if they cause an outbreak? They generally live in communities, is the whole community to blame? How do we decide (if we agree there should be punishment) who and how much is justified? And what about their own children?

Is it moral to punish a parent for doing what they believe will help even if the end result hurts their child? I don’t know of a single parent who hasn’t felt like they’ve made some bad decisions in raising their children. It’s not like we received a handbook, and even if we did no one would have time to read it. As it requires more and more time to simply “get by” economically, how much of this is societies fault, and how much is simply a case of not having the time and money to do your due diligence?
ForDebating.com is now in beta. 

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates working and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/fordebating 
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWAd2N-...4lsJZjr6GQ

Messages In This Thread
Should not vaccinating your child be a criminal offence? - by Coveny - November 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Islamic Mafia Criminal Terrorists Gorups and insecurity in Iran AVMXF 22 2064 September 8, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 7120 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Criminal West Farah 5 479 November 28, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Farah
  Seven states bar people with a criminal record from receiving victim's compensation Angrboda 34 2471 September 23, 2018 at 5:16 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Boy soldiers and child soldiers WinterHold 13 3013 October 8, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Friends Across the Pond: Why You Should Not Give Up On America Rhondazvous 26 3913 November 11, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Judge Recommends Criminal Charges Against Sheriff Shitstain Minimalist 2 917 August 20, 2016 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3158 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hillary should not have immediately offered the disgraced DNC chair a job. Whateverist 12 1667 July 30, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  <Chuckle> Father of Bristol’s newborn daughter sues for child support Minimalist 10 2515 January 8, 2016 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Divinity