Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 12:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Atheism, Deism & Christianity
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity
(October 2, 2011 at 11:38 am)Cinjin Wrote: First of all cherry picker, you didn't address the Muslims, secondly, and more importantly, perhaps you should read the Book of Joshua. God specifically entitled the Hebrews to kill men, women and children and take their lands and possessions. How anyone thinks you have any legitimate points in these debates is beyond me, but somehow you have supporters for this drivel you've been posting.

I have read the book of Joshua, and that was about God fulfilling the old covenant with the jews. Christians are under the New Covenant and there aren't any promises of land. So no, you don't have the right to criticize us. There is nothing about your belief which makes it more valid than mine; rather, there are many things which make it less valid.

(October 2, 2011 at 11:38 am)Cinjin Wrote: This is just your own verbose opinion, and you are welcome to it. It is completely inaccurate and it means nothing to me. You cannot prove or validate your own foolish opinion any more than I can mine.

I don't need to prove, or validate it. It's just a basic fact that your belief about God informs your entire world view, and colors everything that you see and experience.

(October 2, 2011 at 11:38 am)Cinjin Wrote: Since I ALREADY ADMITTED that belief in God is irrational and that I have no evidence for it - my statement is NOT ironic. You do know what ironic means right? What's really awesome is now your resort to CYCLICAL PROOF and PREACHING:

I can't BELIEVE there are people on this website who actually claim you have me on the ropes with this bull shit.

I do have you on the ropes because you don't have any credibility. You have admitted that you believe what you do contrary to logic and reason, that it is totally irrational, but you choose to believe it anyway because it makes you feel good. Besides being willfully ignorant, and intellectually insipid, this puts you in the position of not having a leg to stand on.

I could be quoting from Goodnight Moon and it would still be at least equally valid as anything you could say about the subject. So long as I have blind faith that it was an inspired work, we would be on equal terms.

So no, it's not cyclical proof when I quote the bible, because the proof that it is a legitimate work far exceeds your standard for evidence.

(October 2, 2011 at 11:38 am)Cinjin Wrote: The BS that you believe "proves" god exists is the same BS that lead me to believe that mine was far more likely.

Your God is about as likely as an honest politician. What really happened is that you ran away from your responsibility to the true God, probably to rebel against your parents, but mostly so you could do whatever you wanted, and you pushed him as far back into your mind as you possibly could, but you couldn't get rid of Him, so now you pretend He is some nameless faceless entity that doesnt know anything about you, and certainly wouldnt make any demands of you, so you're still free to do whatever you want and so you can "stop thinking about all of this bullshit". Yes, that's exactly what you did, you stopped thinking. If you thought about it too hard you might realize that not only have you shamefully betrayed God, but you're also going to have to answer for it. Instead of admitting that you're wrong, and asking for forgiveness, what do you do? You curse His name. Wake up, because He isn't the one in the wrong, you are, and none of the excuses you invent are going to amount to a hill of beans when you're standing before His face.

Messages In This Thread
Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - September 30, 2011 at 3:00 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - September 30, 2011 at 6:58 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - September 30, 2011 at 12:39 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - September 30, 2011 at 6:02 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - September 30, 2011 at 8:37 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - September 30, 2011 at 9:33 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - September 30, 2011 at 10:28 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 1, 2011 at 12:43 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 1, 2011 at 12:50 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 1, 2011 at 6:13 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 1, 2011 at 10:46 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 1, 2011 at 6:32 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 1, 2011 at 10:23 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 1, 2011 at 11:35 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 1, 2011 at 11:56 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 2, 2011 at 12:04 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 2, 2011 at 12:09 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 2, 2011 at 12:19 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 2, 2011 at 12:28 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 2, 2011 at 12:48 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 2, 2011 at 1:21 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 2, 2011 at 8:29 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 2, 2011 at 11:38 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by lucent - October 2, 2011 at 10:01 pm
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - October 3, 2011 at 3:12 am
RE: Atheism, Deism & Christianity - by Cinjin - September 30, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What deism has done for the world DeistPaladin 130 17569 March 9, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: heathendegenerate
  Christianity vs Atheism Informative2016 191 66268 November 26, 2013 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: I am God
  Deism challenged (& Theism as collateral damage) FallentoReason 2 2560 April 14, 2013 at 10:46 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Discussion of the Deism vs. Theism debate. leo-rcc 31 14829 May 22, 2011 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Deism vs. Atheism Atheist_named_Christian 13 17294 May 23, 2010 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Atheist_named_Christian