Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 2:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again?
RE: Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again?
(April 4, 2016 at 12:01 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: *hugs* Losty... Go easy on him, m'kay? (He at least has a kinda cool fetish!)

Short version, before she rips your head rightly off, Atlas, is that you've made a total straw-man argument of feminism.

Feminism is an attempt to level the playing field because, by nearly every possible measure, women are not treated as well as men in our society. Feminism is, succinctly put, "...the radical notion that women are people." So by your description, above, you're a feminist.

Some feminists are overzealous in how they do this, or talk about doing it, or propose to do it, but it does not mean that it defines feminism any more than Islamic radicals who become terrorists define Islam. Get it now?

Believe me, equality is something, and feminism is something else.
The more you read feminist publications and books, the more you'll know this..

MysticKnight

The comment section in youtube can answer that for you.

Mamacita

Excuse me.."Red" toenails ! not pink !!

Bob Kelso

Quote:You're right for a point and a half; women are people with faults, and while it's also correct to say tyranny is bad for everyone underneath it's boot, it's not so correct to say men got shit on just as much historically speaking -and presently in some areas

Since you want to use history, choose an era, and let me fetch you how men got thrown in battlefields and faced death every moment in their lives, so the "women" and the "children" stay safe at home.

It's not like WW2 was fought by a majority of women; female soldiers existed but with a limitation, in every era. Women always stayed safe behind fortresses -except some-, while men were the beef and blood, guts and ears, brains and flesh scattered across the battlefield.

Quote:*my bold*

Depends on which feminist you're talking to, blanket statements wont keep you warm at night. I've spoken with a few feminists who think otherwise, meaning they do have certain situations where it's understandable. Usually in self defense. 

As I shared it with a feminist on this topic before, here I'm again:

They don't understand what they believe in ..Contradict the books, and you contradict the essense of feminism.

Kitan

Thank you for the fact !

pool the great

Quote:If feminism was about gender equality then they would work to solve men's problems as well as women's problems. It's called "feminism" not "neutralism". 

It's about promoting female superiority over men. 
Just a group of bitter females that got ignored by men in high school and college either because they were too ugly or impossible to be with, in turn they absorb the philosophy that if they score a good job, get a place and a car men will go flocking to them. 

They're just females that are irritated with how attraction works and wants to social engineer men to be better attracted to them.

Feminism is a cult, it's reverse sexism, it's treating all men for the abusive man that hurt the first generation feminists..
I would say: a group of abused, bitter females, who are driven by mad revenge. Not rational justice.

Losty

Quote:It just another thoughtless, ignorant, blanket statement. I'm not ugly, I'm not lonely, boys like me. I like boys, and girls, and in betweens. I openly support men's rights. I speak out against sexism on both sides. I speak to my kids' parents about how important it is to remember that girls are not the only ones who suffer from self esteem issues and bullying. I am a feminist. I am none of things you've said.

Tell me again, how many feminist books did you read?
The ancient stuff, mentioned by Diana?

Quote:No. To become a feminist all you have to do is believe that men and women should have equal rights. Keep your money if you want to. 

My personal favorite "charity" is a group that helps women get safe abortions in countries where it is illegal to get an abortion.

No. To become a feminist, you have to believe in weird, religious-like "Female systems", mentioned in books like "Women's Reality" (published in 1981 by Anne Wilson),  that to women, time isn't real and women should get special treatment in work places, and should be excused if they left tasks in the middle and just ignored it..that's one example though.

Go to the begining of last century, and read more, if you are a real feminist

Quote:Okay maybe I was a little cocky or rude with my last post lol. Sorry, it just really bugs me when people assume they know what I think. And it even more bugs me when people pretend a casual discussion while secretly trying to find a weak spot to shove their preconceived notions on me.

Sometimes, they truly do..

Excited Penguin 

I made a mistake by that explicit intro..
Religiously, and by forum rules..

KUSU

I can't; they will ban me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? - by WinterHold - April 4, 2016 at 6:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Again??? This is why Jesus keeps well away Cyberman 25 5220 September 18, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Worship and Emotion Astreja 32 8249 July 1, 2017 at 3:41 am
Last Post: KerimF
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13619 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How do people justify the worship of Yahweh? Celestine 13 4694 August 22, 2015 at 8:30 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why would women want to join a Religion? Spooky 65 12737 March 5, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Why worship? robvalue 103 19689 January 27, 2015 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Women's Position In Religion Nope 30 5694 January 12, 2015 at 4:40 pm
  What could a omnipotent God want with the worship of humans? Lemonvariable72 58 10955 November 24, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supposed Theist Morality Striper 26 7464 November 5, 2014 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Gods supposed perfection MistressD 122 14903 November 5, 2014 at 7:04 am