Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 9:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduced to a Piece of Clay: False Humility and Human Dignity
RE: Reduced to a Piece of Clay: False Humility and Human Dignity
(June 13, 2016 at 9:53 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: It’s a fact that I cannot say I have never done anything bad willfully and with the knowledge that it was bad, sometimes even because it was bad. But that is still no justification for the things god has done in the bible or for the eternal punishment promised there.  

Sin is sometimes described as a sickness. To put it another way, let's say I'm infected with the zombie virus, not a zombie (yet) just a carrier/someone who has the virus that can indeed infect others. Now, should I be allowed to co mingle with the rest of society or should I be separated??

What if I were a really really 'good person?' does it matter what type of person I was if what is being looked at is whether or not I carry the virus?

What if their were a cure or a vaccine that nullified the virus and I being a 'good person' who has done many 'good deeds' feel I don't need to take the vaccine because my 'good deeds' and the fact that I personally do not see dead flesh reanimating on me, decide I do not need to take the antidote because again I am a 'good person' Despite any mandate issued or given...

What if.. their was a public mandate to take the vaccine or be put to death? should I be spared death being that I am fully infected and can infect others, but still refuse to be cured because I 'feel' my morals would not allow me to hurt anyone, even though the virus still infects others?

Do you see the parallel here?

Sin has nothing to do with your 'morality.' It is an infection that we all have, and can be cured of despite how 'moral' we label ourselves. Sin like a virus has absolutely nothing to do with your deeds, but rather a standard you can never obtain. So then God provides a cure for 'sin.' But, you've changed the meaning of sin from a 'sickness' that you can not control to morality you think you can, and you make God 'evil' for insisting that you be inoculated or be put to death for spreading your infection.

Quote:Can a parent who beats his child to a pulp, burns him with a clothes iron, deprives him of food and locks him in a closet for three days justify himself because the child disobeyed him?

Your god is supposed to be more not less good. He’s supposed to have higher principles.
Yet, you and your bible do everything in your power to show that he has no principles beyond might makes right.

Our jails are full of people who think nobody understands them.
So... Might doesn't make right?

Show me a country, political movement, social structure, community really anything where might in not the foundation of 'right.'

Again, if you frame this in the analogy or terms I listed above, might is needed to force a separation from the deluded/infected and those who have been cured. Otherwise they/you would force your infection onto everyone who is not already 'sick.'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduced to a Piece of Clay: False Humility and Human Dignity - by Drich - June 13, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1685 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8705 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 15509 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8186 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 9027 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Some Simple Questions show Atheistic Origin Science is false (proof 2 begins) SavedByGraceThruFaith 369 194203 October 9, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why is Christianity false and Atheism true? savedwheat 362 98640 December 25, 2013 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Interesting piece on Confidence... ronedee 10 2981 December 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  The bible identifies the Christ as a False Prophet ThomM 45 22385 September 19, 2013 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: Lion IRC
  how do you tell the difference between a false prophet and a 'genuinely' god-powered one with 'real' revelati Mark 13:13 43 15894 January 9, 2013 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Mark 13:13