Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 10:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim Imam calls for Homosexual death 3 weeks before pulse nigh club shooting
RE: Muslim Imam calls for Homosexual death 3 weeks before pulse nigh club shooting
(June 28, 2016 at 4:03 pm)Drich Wrote: [quote='Veritas_Vincit' pid='1316942' dateline='1467141189']

Quote:The truth is that the God of the Bible explicitly states that homosexual acts are an abomination and punishable by death,
If you are an OT Jew yes, but even the jews now are not considered to be "OT Jews."

Quote:and Jesus explicitly states that all of the Old Testament law still stands,
No actually he does not.
He said he did not come to change the law, He did not say it "still stands."

I'm afraid you are mistaken, Jesus did expressly say all the Old Testament law still applies:

Quote:Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven

This means that when God says to Abraham that:
Quote:Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
along with all the other ridiculous rules in that chapter, Jesus says you still have to follow them. Read the whole chapter here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=KJV

And the problem this gives you is that if you do want to disavow the barbarism of the Old Testament, you undermine the Bible's only claim to authority, being that it is the word of God, and you undermine the notion that Christianity and the Bible are the source of Morality. So I would ask you: Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God? Is the Bible an accurate portrayal of God's character? 

I would agree that there needs to be a lot more public condemnation for Islamic terrorist activities by Muslims. Islam would be easier to deal with if there was a centralized authority. I don't think that all 1.6 Billion Muslims are likely to be in favour of the murder of homosexuals, but I would be surprised if there were not many millions who are.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Muslim Imam calls for Homosexual death 3 weeks before pulse nigh club shooting - by Veritas_Vincit - June 28, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4914 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5557 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2340 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1292 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Said no Imam ever LinuxGal 0 470 November 29, 2022 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1360 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4856 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 4060 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 794 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1969 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13