Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
The ONI rule is for people who purposefully and skilfully skirt the rules, making it extremely hard to take action, while causing a lot of real damage.

It's meant to be a last resort, to plug any remaining gaps in the rules. We can't cover absolutely everything. We can't predict exactly what some maniac might do in the future. So we have a way of making sure that we can deal with such people, if it gets really serious. Hopefully one of the other rules will cover it. If so, great. If not... you want them fucking up the whole forum while we try and write a new rule for whatever insidious crap they are doing?

As Losty said, we've never used it since setting it up. I hope we never do. It's quite possible we won't. It's certainly not there to try and generally shut people up who are disagreeing with us. Anyone who feels that way has things completely wrong, I can assure you. People are welcome to disagree with us all day long.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues - by robvalue - July 11, 2016 at 12:58 am
Ignore this - by bennyboy - July 9, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 690586 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum? Heatheness 702 63557 July 7, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action Shell B 94 43589 June 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  [split] Quoting Full Articles Violet 8 3833 April 27, 2010 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius