Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(October 25, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Dear TheMonster. please don't bring in my assumptions because if any at all they are in my mind, and you cannot presume to read what is in my mind.

Just tell me what is your information on the concept of God, so that we will get connected in regard to the God I know to exist and you claim to not exist, to discuss whether He exists or not in objective reality outside of concepts in our mind.

From me:
1. Formulate the information of the concept of God, thus:
"God in concept is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning."

When you have at all any information of the concept of God, then we can exchange thoughts, otherwise you can take my information, so that we can still exchange thoughts.

If you will not allow any information at all of the concept of God to be in your mind, I don't think it is possible at all for us two to talk on whether God exists or not.

Better, dear TheMonster, why not find out whether my assumption corresponds to reality in the objective world outside our mind, by we going together to search for evidence in the reality of existence outside our mind, of God in concept as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

The way you go about with assumption from my part and therefore you are not going to at least find out whether the assumption can be borne out or not, by us two searching for evidence in the objective reality of existence outside our mind, that is the way to eschew at all any effort from your part to act reasonably, by seeking refuge on the wrong plea of assumption from my part.

Your behavior is similar to your insisting that your friend has no money but only an assumption of having money, but you will not go with him to his home and get to see his money, or to the bank which will tell you he has money in the bank.

Can you at least see that that kind of a behavior is irrational?

In the meantime I am waiting for Asmodee, as he agrees to exchange thoughts with me on whether God exists or not, and I hope we can at least agree to act according to reason and intelligence, instead of throwing up all kinds of walls by which you will not see into reality.

Another wall against seeing reality is the continuous and insistent plea that for being the denier of a claim by the other side, you have no burden at all whatsoever to prove anything at all.

What about thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas, or just thinking according to reason and intelligence?

Then there is this wall that it is impossible to prove a negative, therefore you don't have to prove anything when you deny something to not exist.

Have you ever thought that there is something very funny to say the least with that kind of a plea?

You must be a crank.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by LadyForCamus - October 25, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5698 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3232 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 461 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1114 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2061 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2062 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 999 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1395 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7115 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7371 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG