Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true?
RE: Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true?
Thanks very much for sharing all your thoughts with us Emjay Smile

I agree, "calling out bullshit" at every opportunity is probably an excellent approach for you to take. I have similar problems with other kinds of irrational thoughts which slither into my mind and build themselves up. If I don't address and smash them as soon as they get there, they feed on my anxiety and grow in stature. I then develop a mental block about them, which remains until I take some sort of action to demonstrate to myself the thoughts aren't true. Taking the action "is easy" in theory, but the mental block makes me scared to take it.

Maybe a bit of literally mocking "God" and "Jesus" is in order, telling them to fuck off out loud. Tell them they're a load of made up nonsense. Really lay into them, and observe absolutely nothing happening in response, contrary to what the bible "teaches" us. God went around incinerating people for such crimes. I've found vocalizing my problems to myself like this can really help, it breaks the internal feedback loop inside my head.

Regarding hell, how about this:

"Oh you're a real big man, God. You're apparently so powerful and wonderful, yet you're so fucking insecure about people liking you that you have to go around threatening your own creation with torture! Pick on someone your own size, you overgrown toddler. Why don't you come down here and face me, huh? You fucking coward! Pathetic! That's what I thought. You have no power at all. You just have brainwashed people doing your bidding."
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true? - by robvalue - December 13, 2016 at 4:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek philosophers always knew about the causeless universe Interaktive 10 1319 September 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 3944 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How To Tell What Is True From What Is Untrue. redpill 39 3676 December 28, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Is this Quite by Kenneth Boulding True Rhondazvous 11 1550 August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Alan V
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 4338 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12069 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Testimony is Evidence RoadRunner79 588 117113 September 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11433 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Is it true that there is no absolute morality? WisdomOfTheTrees 259 25739 March 23, 2017 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Anecdotal Evidence RoadRunner79 395 52591 December 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb