Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump vows to destroy the law limiting churches' political activity
RE: Trump vows to destroy the law limiting churches' political activity
I'm pretty sure this ain't gonna be good for religion.

Politics have already corrupted the evangelicals and the fundamentalists. Having the religious folks stray even further from their piety in search of votes will count as a 'win' for atheism.

I think "Citizen's United" could be cited as a precedent of sorts, so Trump or not, the rule was quite likely to be found unconstitutional at some point regardless.

LOL, I've read enough of Ehrman by now to not be much impressed with any argument made from the Christer camp about anything these days. I had been of the mindset that while still false, Christianity as a whole was going to be better thought out than Mormonism.

Boy was I wrong about that !!

If the US Christers want to embrace politics, it is just one more way they have of dividing themselves further.

First Church of Jesus Christ Repentance Democrat , of Canton Ohio, anyone ?

As atheists, we have many things of greater import to concern ourselves with.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump vows to destroy the law limiting churches' political activity - by vorlon13 - February 2, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MA publishes database of law enforcement disciplinary actions Nanny 0 431 August 22, 2023 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Break any law if it’s for Jesus Fake Messiah 0 151 March 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Gavin Newsom - Political Skunk onlinebiker 1 395 September 24, 2020 at 7:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Saudi Arabia: Leaked reports reveal severe abuse of political prisoners-The Guardian WinterHold 6 1134 April 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Like Father Like Son-In-Law Minimalist 1 356 October 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Joods
  California Requires Women on Corp Boards by law. brewer 49 4105 October 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  How (possible) Political Censorship Hides our Quirkiness Neo-Scholastic 1 270 October 10, 2018 at 10:38 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  What is the effect of political ads, particularly negative ones? Angrboda 12 685 September 28, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Political Commentator Ed Schultz Is Dead A Theist 11 1730 July 9, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 24789 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok