Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gavin Newsom - Political Skunk
Gavin Newsom - Political Skunk
California Governor Gavin Newsom signed an executive order to force California to prohibit the sale of new gasoline powered cars and trucks by 2035.

Are Californians really this stupid?

Why not just pass "Unicorn Only" parking - and everyone can ride one to work?

Sadly missing from this bit of legislative fantasy was any mention of where the electricity would come from. California's grid is already at - and over - capacity. There is a bit of drivel in this piece of crap to "improve the grid". Do you know what that means? It means "Somebody else will have to supply our electricity". There's no other option - as there are no plans for improvements in ELECTRICITY GENERATION.  Having a better grid without adding generation is exactly like opening your mouth wider to eat a pizza - that doesn't exist. So - Gavin wants to pass off his problems to someone else. Somebody else will have to figure out a way to generate more electricity. I say - fine - we will just add a surcharge to your California electric bill. 500% might be a nice place to start. Enjoy paying that $1000 monthly electric bill.

Secondly - and this is the really fun part - because there's money to be made off this stupidity. There is NO prohibition against selling USED cars. (smart people already know where this is headed) There is NOTHING to stop somebody from buying a new gasoline powered car in Nevada - then driving 20 miles into California - and selling it at a profit. That's right California- you can now pay top dollar (above retail) for a USED car. If you're lucky the warranty will transfer.

But hey - doesn't this shit make you feel good - and make Gavin look like a friggin' hero?

Not from downwind of California.

It's smells like a skunk to me....
RE: Gavin Newsom - Political Skunk
That's the trouble with patched quilt policy. California isn't in control of the laws in nevada, and there are always going to be people who create and/or game close disparities of law for profit. I get my weed from a legal state. 40min drive. Credible environmental policy needs the power of federal law.

In cali's case, the problem isn't generation - it's transmission. That's the grid they'll need to improve immediately. That's true of the entire us, ofc, as those rolling blackouts on the eastern seaboard, on account of overgrown trees in walton, ohio..made clear.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeSantis vs Newsom. JJoseph 28 1144 January 9, 2024 at 5:45 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Saudi Arabia: Leaked reports reveal severe abuse of political prisoners-The Guardian WinterHold 6 1113 April 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  How (possible) Political Censorship Hides our Quirkiness Neo-Scholastic 1 264 October 10, 2018 at 10:38 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  What is the effect of political ads, particularly negative ones? Angrboda 12 663 September 28, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Political Commentator Ed Schultz Is Dead A Theist 11 1701 July 9, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Major political win for lunatic Christian judge Roy Moore Foxaèr 9 1175 September 29, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Trump vows to destroy the law limiting churches' political activity Aegon 39 4306 February 5, 2017 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Muhammad Ali was no ‘draft dodger’ — but these five famous political figures were Minimalist 0 621 June 6, 2016 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist