Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Response to Arcanus - "Do Homosexuals have equal rights"
RE: Response to Arcanus - "Do Homosexuals have equal rights"
(December 3, 2010 at 9:07 pm)lrh9 Wrote: What's wrong with an imbalance? There are imbalances everywhere. There is nothing that can prove an imbalance is wrong. In fact, people naturally chose imbalance. If it is a life and death decision between me and someone else chances are I'm going to try to do something to ensure that I live instead of the other person.

But let's use a hypothetical to discuss this. Say that you are in an accident and left in a coma. You are taken to a private hospital. One of their rules is that only one person may see someone in the hospital at a time, and each person is allowed to have an hour. Say that your wounds are fatal. You are going to die within the next hour. Say that I come to the hospital to visit you, and I arrive before your hypothetical partner whom you love very much. How would your system work to ensure that your partner got to spend your last hour alive with you without giving your partner or your status as a couple any preferential legal treatment over me? Or would you be such a bastard as to not give a damn who was in that room?

You've missed the point but, sure, I'll play this game.
I love many people, why should my wife get that hour over my mother or children? And since this is a discussion on government given rights to married groups in preferance to single men/women, why the hell does the government even have a say in this? Frack that, they have NO idea who I would want there beside me so with their intervention odds are they would guarentee someone I didn't want was there.

Regardless, on the actual topic, the point was that if we look at three households, one has a single man living in it and the other a married couple and the other an unmarried couple who are just there to save rent. If the houses and other costs are proportionate to the number of people living in them and are essentially treated as equal in every way as far as cost go. Why should the technically married couple have to spend less than a single man or unmarried couple?

Since I am not sure if I explained that right.. With all else being equal, why should a marrage contract make you a higher class of citizen and give you benefits that a single adult or unmarried couple are denied.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response to Arcanus - "Do Homosexuals have equal rights" - by Demonaura - December 6, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 67065 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Correlation does not equal causation Napoléon 10 969 January 12, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  My response to questions for anti-SJW's Mechaghostman2 1 825 October 6, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  SOTU response response (the breadbags thread) Jacob(smooth) 22 2863 January 25, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Pirate Bay Founders Case Rejected by Human Rights Court Phish 0 992 March 17, 2013 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Phish
  Rights for "Expelled" the movie up for sale. leo-rcc 1 2264 June 24, 2011 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue? Dean-o 39 8649 June 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Human rights for mother nature? JohnDG 76 20909 April 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Animal rights, veganism and PETA Autumnlicious 80 17478 January 24, 2011 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  A Response to the Atheist Bus Campaign. Eilonnwy 3 1574 August 24, 2009 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki