Current time: 1st November 2014, 08:14

Our server costs $125 a month to run. Since November 2013 we have raised $280!
Please help keep our community online by donating what you can.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Sci-fi movies
1st January 2012, 05:03 (This post was last modified: 1st January 2012 05:27 by passionatefool.)
    2 years membership!
Best Sci-fi movies
Okay guys, lets share our favorite scifi/futuristic movies. I watched a ton because I love scifi but one that I really like and for some reason always come back to is Contact (1997)

[Image: contact.jpg]

[edit]
and since Rev. Rye posted videos I thought it would be a good idea to post videos too! Lol

Rate user Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
1st January 2012, 05:10 (This post was last modified: 1st January 2012 05:11 by Rev. Rye.)
  2k posts! 4 years membership!
RE: Best Sci-fi movies
Has anyone here ever seen Moon?

Or a film that bends the definitions of Sci-Fi
[Image: mybanner4a5bf6f1f1d17.png]
Rate user Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Kudos given by (2): Cinjin, frankiej
1st January 2012, 05:24
    2 years membership!
(1st January 2012 05:10)Rev. Rye Wrote:  Has anyone here ever seen Moon?

Or a film that bends the definitions of Sci-Fi

Moon looks really good!

oh and now I finally understand the parody done by Mad on Cartoon network for source code

1st January 2012, 05:33
  12k posts! 3 years membership!
"Moon" is good stuff.
WANTED - Evil genius seeks minions to sacrifice their lives in world domination attempt. Must be prepared to work for narcissistic psychopath with long hours and low pay. Applicants face certainty of an unpleasant and messy death. Costumes and death rays provided. NO WEIRDOS. Call 1-800-MWA-HAHA
*** Seven puppies were harmed in the creation of this post ***
Kudos given by (1): Cinjin
1st January 2012, 05:47 (This post was last modified: 1st January 2012 05:59 by Rev. Rye.)
  2k posts! 4 years membership!
(1st January 2012 05:33)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:  "Moon" is good stuff.

Yeah. I'm normally not a big Sci-Fi person, except for Duncan Jones' movies, and the two Terminator movies... and the original Star Wars trilogy... and Plan 9, which is hilarious... and Fritz Lang's Metropolis... and Zardoz... and, of course, Kubrick's sci-fi, including A Clockwork Orange, which is my favourite movie of all time, but doesn't really feel like a sci-fi movie. Hmm. I guess I like Sci-Fi a lot more than I thought.
[Image: mybanner4a5bf6f1f1d17.png]
Kudos given by (1): passionatefool
1st January 2012, 05:58
Best Member 2012! 20k+ posts! 5 years membership!
[Image: 600full-king-kong-vs.-godzilla-poster.jpg]
[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
Kudos given by (1): leo-rcc
1st January 2012, 06:15 (This post was last modified: 1st January 2012 06:16 by TheDarkestOfAngels.)
  1k posts! 4 years membership!
Here's an old favorite of mine. I'll add more later. I love sci-fi.
This one is as much horror as it is sci-fi.
[Image: eventhorizonr1cepic1.jpg]

If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
1st January 2012, 07:42 (This post was last modified: 1st January 2012 07:47 by passionatefool.)
    2 years membership!
(1st January 2012 06:15)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:  Here's an old favorite of mine. I'll add more later. I love sci-fi.
This one is as much horror as it is sci-fi.

Woah that looks extremely good. I'm gonna watch it for sure. It's my type of movie. Space, time traveling stuff, something horrible released, great actors/actress.
1st January 2012, 13:20
  9k posts! 3 years membership!
i love sci-fi. Here's one off the top of my head that many people may not have seen.

"It could be a miracle. It could be bullshit. The one thing we do know for sure is that it's a goddamn goldmine." - Frank, from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
1st January 2012, 13:49
  3k posts! 3 years membership!
Contact the movie infuriated me, because I read the book. The book is a million times better, trust me!

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movies: The Matrix ChrisT 48 624 25th October 2014 00:39
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Bad Movies Unlimited StealthySkeptic 38 573 10th September 2014 18:18
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  "Weird" movies you will admit to liking vorlon13 47 961 7th September 2014 04:20
Last Post: Losty
  Christian Books, Movies, and Video Games My imaginary friend is GOD 14 714 7th March 2014 02:03
Last Post: Polaris
  Lesbian Movies My imaginary friend is GOD 6 1255 31st January 2014 22:06
Last Post: ElleBelle
Question Christmas comedy movies? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 527 1st December 2013 22:21
Last Post: Cinjin
  Great obscure movies? Rev. Rye 12 1367 5th January 2013 06:24
Last Post: Stimbo
  Your Favorite Movies goddamnit 48 6834 12th July 2012 23:24
Last Post: jonb
  7 Time Travel Movies Tiberius 5 1262 30th April 2012 04:28
Last Post: Shell B
  Movies That Make You Cry HeyItsZeus 18 2544 28th June 2011 02:24
Last Post: HeyItsZeus

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)