Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another atheist...
Just another atheist...
Came across this site on google. In all honesty, I was looking for some likeminded people to talk to... I get lonely.

My name is Alex (or Rubikscube because I like Rubiks cubes Smile). I'm an atheist, my opinions about the nature of religion can be quite anti-theistic. I grew up in a church of england family and at about the age of seven I realised that the finer points of my inner being made me an abomination as far as the bible was concerned. When I was twelve, I started examining the evidence (or lack of) and started thinking rationally about things. Five years later, here I am. My family aren't particularly pleased, but there you go.
[Image: 2ynjmte.jpg]
RE: Just another atheist...
Welcome.

Dinnae be put aff by the crazies, laddy.
Cunt
Welcome!

All humans and several other species are considered abominations in the bible. Fuck that crappy pile of trash!

Seems like I remember someone from this forum solving a rubiks cube in about a minute on a google hangout one day. Who was that? Adrian?

Welcom, lad.

We can never have too many atheists. We do have far too many theistic shitstains wandering around, though.
Hi rubik!

Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome to the fold, guy.

Your assimilation will be almost fully painless.
Your skull implant will even come in a decorative tin!
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
I want to buy another new rubik's cube to replace my lost one. Sad

I only got 3 sides completed and welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just arrived from The Thinking Atheist Gwaithmir 20 3039 October 1, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Hello everybody! just came out as an atheist. JeffY 14 2619 April 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  An atheist to the bone from another country rado84 52 4850 July 3, 2015 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Just another nut? swordwords 61 16941 April 24, 2013 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Tex
  Just another introduction Ocato 11 4102 August 19, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ocato
  Just another (black) Atheist here Drkojiin 42 9961 June 4, 2012 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Another atheist here Werewolff 90 13796 March 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I just registered just now! Emma_Hates_Islam 46 11954 December 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Happy UnBeliever
Rainbow Another Atheist on the Alpha Course evil_si 23 5441 November 16, 2011 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Just another newbie. kosmicdebris 5 1522 June 25, 2011 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Anymouse