Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are the children of the singularity
We are the children of the singularity
Father was infinite density, mother was zero diameter, and there's no need to get religious about it. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
RE: We are the children of the singularity
I want to start a religion.

or shoot myself in the head at close range.
I am the Living Word of Gwynnite. Category 8 hurricane of an atheist striving to keep that insanity local to identity; a black hole of religious nonsense devouring religion. Big Grin
Are you one of those atheist who make their own clothes?

I don't mind if you are.
(January 3, 2012 at 9:24 pm)jason56 Wrote: Are you one of those atheist who make their own clothes?

I don't mind if you are.

ROFLOL

Are you calling me a hippie? I prefer the term elf. Thrift store. Wink
What's all this racket now?
[Image: irish-cop.jpg]
You kids and your singularities and infinately dense points in space/time.
There'll be none of that nonsense here. Now, move along before I divide the singularity by zero.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
When do the circus midgets drive their Fiat in?
Trying to update my sig ...
(January 3, 2012 at 8:53 pm)houseofcantor Wrote: Father was infinite density, mother was zero diameter, and there's no need to get religious about it. Wink

Unless you call M-theory a religion, which it is in the danger of becoming, according to those physicists who has a memory of how physics was done before string theory.

If that string theory was worth a fuck, I woulda kilt myself last January and been done with it. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ken Ham hurts children, watch Manowar 4 1169 October 23, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Athiest with children? Jesus Cristo 69 12910 October 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  atheism and children Catholic_Lady 568 82703 September 6, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Talking to children about death rossrocks88 10 3809 July 22, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Will you raise your children as Atheists? Kloud 54 10584 December 20, 2014 at 4:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Explaining death to children. Intimae_Hasta 25 5975 July 10, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  How will you explain to your children... dimaniac 61 19570 September 17, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Teaching Reason (to Children) Bad Writer 61 17088 July 16, 2013 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fruity
  The atheists want your children (according to K. Ham) L.A.F. 29 12962 May 2, 2013 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Men & children killed & dismembered by an atheist. WinterHold 90 34914 February 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist