Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Christian group showed up at the Chigaco Gay Pride...
A Christian group showed up at the Chigaco Gay Pride...
[Image: bVD9p.jpg]

Apparently the signs said things like "I'm sorry for how the church treated you" and "I used to be a homophobe. Sorry."

It's stuff like this that gives me hope...
RE: A Christian group showed up at the Chigaco Gay Pride...
Seems I've seen something like this before. If they really want to atone for their homophobia, perhaps they could convince their brethren that gays aren't the evil, perverted sinners they think they are.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Gyrating naked women in the street get arrested for public indecency. So why not gyrating naked men like the above?

Or, vice versa: if we're allowing gyrating naked men in the streets I want to see that at least balanced with as many, or preferably more, gyrating naked ladies!
I have fond memories of a young 20-ish woman being arrested near my place of work.

A beautiful Summer day,she was wearing a full length,natural cheese cloth dress. Her foundation was apparently talcum powder. With the sun behind her she was a perfect picture. Some images are very hard to forget. A few blokes said some very unkind things to the arresting officer. Some women clapped.
(January 26, 2012 at 7:33 pm)padraic Wrote: Some women clapped.

While it probably probably were other, envious women that called in that cop.
(January 26, 2012 at 7:02 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Seems I've seen something like this before. If they really want to atone for their homophobia, perhaps they could convince their brethren that gays aren't the evil, perverted sinners they think they are.

Well, how should that account for something I wonder?
Their holy books tell them that it is indeed sinful.
So what really allows for these people to step over their own faith and simply tell that gays are not being sinful at all?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(January 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: So what really allows for these people to step over their own faith and simply tell that gays are not being sinful at all?

A conscience? Realization that other people being gay isn't hurting them one bit? Realization that it's their own prejudices which is producing the entire problem they're having with gay people?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
This is certainly an interesting phenomenon. I wonder what the reaction would have been had the Christian groups spouted messages that observers considered obscene, unnatural, or offensive?

Quote:So what really allows for these people to step over their own faith and simply tell that gays are not being sinful at all?

I don't think you have to affirm "homosexual sex acts are not sinful" in order to regret the approach the modern church has taken on the issue. Reducing this to "anyone who takes this theological stance that I don't like is therefore obligated to be a dick!" is a bit much.
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
It does show signs that even xtians can evolve, and we can hope that they will evolve to the point of casting off their stupid archaic book and its inane messages.
Trying to update my sig ...
(January 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(January 26, 2012 at 7:02 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Seems I've seen something like this before. If they really want to atone for their homophobia, perhaps they could convince their brethren that gays aren't the evil, perverted sinners they think they are.

Well, how should that account for something I wonder?
Their holy books tell them that it is indeed sinful.
So what really allows for these people to step over their own faith and simply tell that gays are not being sinful at all?

It's called being a decent human being. It's wonderful that many Christians do show respect for others, despite sexual preference or beliefs or lack there of. If every Christian was tolerant, I'd have nothing nasty to say about them, I'd be praising them for being so decent. I'll still think their beliefs are a little... weird but I'd have a lot of respect for them.
As Bertrand put it "Love is wise, hatred is foolish". Would be nice if every Christian knew that, and Muslim. Tolerance encourages peace, intolerance encourages conflict.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Group hallucinations Fake Messiah 12 1827 April 9, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1402 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2571 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Religion was once again showed down my throat Der/die AtheistIn 13 2745 October 1, 2017 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Christian singer Vicky Beeching: 'I knew I was gay when I was 13' Diablo 10 1492 August 19, 2014 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Now a Hindu Group Wants a Monument at the Oklahoma Capitol Gooders1002 45 10697 December 15, 2013 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  US pastor subject of lawsuit by Ugandan gay advocacy group Doubting Thomas 3 1375 March 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  George Michael slams 'bastard' Christian group orogenicman 11 6117 January 6, 2012 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  State schools 'not providing group worship' frankiej 18 3572 October 3, 2011 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: bozo