Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venting.
Venting.
Nevermind. everything's fine.
RE: Venting.
(January 29, 2012 at 1:37 am)SophiaGrace Wrote: don't tell me i should take an herb

Smoking the correct herb can do wonders, ask any Jamaican.
I think I missed the vent.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Let me re-vent.

Why are there so many threads about religion on an atheist forum? It's annoying me when i'd like a religion-free zone. =P
So many christians wanting to prove you're wrong.
Just read all the threads which aren't about religion.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(February 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm)SophiaGrace Wrote: Let me re-vent.

Why are there so many threads about religion on an atheist forum? It's annoying me when i'd like a religion-free zone. =P

If we had a sanctum they would still burst open the doors and come in trying to preach to us.

There is NO getting away from them unless we go back in the closet...which is what they want us to do.

You see the words "Atheist forums" on the site.

They see "Unsaved people inside, evangelicals welcome. come on in and preach to us!"
Yeah, because we've apparently never heard of this Jesus fellow before.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Stick to the science sub-forums, not a whole lot of batshittery makes it there.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
What section was the dino thread in?
Cunt
(February 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm)SophiaGrace Wrote: Why are there so many threads about religion on an atheist forum? It's annoying me when i'd like a religion-free zone. =P

Anywhere atheists congregate it should be expected that true believers are going to come along to spread the good word. I think a majority of them are under the impression that atheists just haven't heard about Jesus, and when we do, we will magically 'see the light.' If the religious pandering bothers you that much, you can always resort to ridicule as a form of therapy.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Venting here. Brian37 47 6509 November 5, 2016 at 9:41 am
Last Post: AceBoogie