Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reason Rally
Reason Rally
Last night the president of my local atheist group announced that the CAA would be organizing a bus to travel up to the Reason Rally on March 24.

http://reasonrally.org/

Check out the line up!

I highly encourage anyone within 6-8 hours of DC to go. Not just to make our voices heard as atheists in America, but also because DC is a bangin' place to visit, and rallies and protests there are exciting.

Felisha and I are thus far planning on going (but we have couches to crash in up there so it's easier for us).
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Reason Rally
I live in DC.
You are a stronger person than me. Tongue

I lived in Manassas - about 45 minutes outside of it - for most of my life. I had to move further South. I traded gov't fuckwittery for religious batshittery and don't know that I got the better end of the bargain.
(February 10, 2012 at 10:30 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: You are a stronger person than me. Tongue

I lived in Manassas - about 45 minutes outside of it - for most of my life. I had to move further South. I traded gov't fuckwittery for religious batshittery and don't know that I got the better end of the bargain.

Oh, not strong. I live in a dorm on my college campus.
Which college?
An atheist group in Houston will be chartering buses for the event. I suspect it will be full of young people and perhaps retired people. I don't have the kind of time to do that sort of thing with the much longer travel distance and all that.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

I think I might be available to go meetup with you.
I'm not going south unless it is so deep south that I'm practically out of the country. Wink You should come up here. I'm sure we have atheist hooplas every now and then.
I'm not going further north than Silver Spring until it's high summer. It's too goddamn cold up there.
Come up in July. The 4th of July is awesome in Boston.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 757 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No reason justifies disbelief. Catharsis 468 40689 March 30, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 8639 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  My honest reason for disliking the idea of God purplepurpose 47 6098 December 11, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Athena777
  The reason why religious people think we eat babies rado84 59 6704 December 3, 2016 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Amarok
  whats the biggest reason you left christianity? Rextos 40 5310 July 31, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Reason Rally 2016 The Valkyrie 50 8597 June 8, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The main reason I'm an atheist drfuzzy 363 52526 May 4, 2016 at 5:36 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The Reason Rally BitchinHitchins 4 2592 February 23, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Psychosis - another reason to be anti-theist watchamadoodle 34 12540 May 9, 2015 at 5:40 am
Last Post: robvalue