Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I heard God
I heard God
This thread was deleted previously because it was thought to be spam, so I have rewritten it for fresh discussion.

On morning I got up and walled into the hall and I heard a voice say "How would you like to be stabbed in the valley". The valley was the tough end of town. I had planned to go into the valley that day so felt a bit scared. I decided to go any way to ask people out to church. The first person I met was an aboriginal man I asked him if he would like to come out to church. He said "No, I am an athiest", I just said fine and hoped he would change his mind. He said to me "This is why I am an athiest", he pulled open his shirt and showed me scars up and down his front. He told me, "I was stabbed and attacked by a mad man in the valley some years ago, and spent months recovering in hospital". I was asked "How would I like it?", God knew the man had not apreciated the attack, so he did not blame him for his initial bitterness towards God. Latter I shared this story with him, and he came out to church and became a christian.
RE: I heard God
I'm not sure what there is to discuss. Exactly what point are you trying to make? Is there a moral to this?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Tell me more about how you hear the voice. Does it sound in your ears, just like someone is talking to you? Or is it mre like a thought that someone has placed in your head?
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Quote:Tell me more about how you hear the voice. Does it sound in your ears, just like someone is talking to you? Or is it mre like a thought that someone has placed in your head?

The voice comes with a feeling, but not always, the voice is in your head, not external to it. So I guess you would say it is in your mind. At another time I was praying and asking for scientific cures for illenesses. I though wouldn't it be cool to create a dinosour. So I prayed and asked if God would let me do it. The word "bood" entered my mind. So I looked it up on a google search. The word bood I found out was a gentle way to say no. So I knew from the voice, or word in my head it was no for now.

Quote:Is there a moral to this
this is not a moral but a true story. There are plently of moral attributes to it though being true. God understanding athiests for a start.
How do you know it was God and not a part of your sub-conscious talking to you? After all, the latter is far more likely isn't it?
(September 7, 2008 at 5:30 am)Darwinian Wrote: How do you know it was God and not a part of your sub-conscious talking to you? After all, the latter is far more likely isn't it?

The second example I used discredits this. Bood is a word not even used in my language, so I knew nothing of it. So my subconcious knew nothing of it either.
But surely you found it on the Xpectation.net website, along with the story about the Aborigine Wink
(September 7, 2008 at 5:44 am)Darwinian Wrote: But surely you found it on the Xpectation.net website, along with the story about the Aborigine Wink

That is my website, that is why the story is there. The site is a bit messy, not every thing on it is God breathed, it is a lot of my ideas.
Fascinating Smile I'll have to investigate..
Ok.. I believe you..

You see, if something can be demonstrated as being true I can believe Smile

And it seems to be quite a nicely designed website.

But as far as the word bood is concerned, just because you can't remeber hearing it before doesn't mean that you didn't.. The mind is a strange thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it? Foxaèr 22 3260 October 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 101370 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22144 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard a theist say? Vincent 74 14142 October 21, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Stupidest religious "true story" you've ever heard?... EccentricAlien 37 9530 March 29, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Thackerie
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19324 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Have you heard the good news Mgr 13 5489 December 24, 2013 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Have you ever heard a deepity? The Reality Salesman01 0 1272 November 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  From what I've heard, Heaven sounds like a prison. Jax 31 22204 April 6, 2011 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Emporion
  Worst Argument For Religion You Have Ever Heard? CoolBoy 32 12649 August 5, 2010 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Thor