Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupidest religious "true story" you've ever heard?...
Stupidest religious "true story" you've ever heard?...
I'm sorry for not posting anything in a while... I've been very busy with studies at school.

Anyways, what's the dumbest religious story you've ever heard? I once heard that a woman thought Jesus was talking to her through a goldfish... yes, the snack Worship
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."
RE: Stupidest religious "true story" you've ever heard?...
The rib woman story in Genesis. What were they smoking?
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
It's hard to select a dumbest part.
Ok, listen up you heathens! This is gonna get you back on the right path!

There was this one beginning teacher. She was looking for a flat to move out to from her momma's house. She had no luck for almost a year and was starting to despair. So she told the Holy Ghost that she gives up and to guide her in life. And then she found an offer! True story!

Now go and get right with gawd, sinners! Praise sweet buttery baby Jesus!
Wow. Really?

Miracles are true?

And they point only to the god of the bible?

Give me a cross and a wafer to shove up my arse, or whatever it is you guys do.

Don't know if this counts as a story... but WLC saying that he'd still believe "in christianity" even if he was taken back in time and shown that none of the events ever happened. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone say ever.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
"Jesus died for your sins."
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
"God pulled off a hangnail for your sins."
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Joe Smith wins hands down for best lifetime achievement.

Seriously, I've been reading The Changing World of Mormonism, count me thunderstruck just how totally FUBAR the whole stinking mess is.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

When we lived in the midwest, my family used to attend a small Independent Baptist Church. Our church allowed a young missionary to talk to our church. She told us that there were demonic forces in Africa that are not present in the US. As an example, she told us that while her group were praying with locals, some sort of whirling wind(Maybe it was a dusty devil?) went through their location and scattered the people praying. She said that it was the devil trying to stop their missionary work.
While God was napping I guess?

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raw Story gives a voice to atheists.... Brian37 8 1625 October 17, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5191 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2690 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 906 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33145 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it? Foxaèr 22 3271 October 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9045 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25145 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44924 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 101573 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79