Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CERN neutrino finding!!!
CERN neutrino finding!!!
See fundies, this is how it works. You get results, you quiery them, test them, test them again, and again, fucking loads, when it holds up, its a scientific theory(reads - fact, dumbfucks). If it doesn't hold up, you don't have 'faith', or bullshit people, you tell the full story. Science = truth finding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17139635
RE: CERN neutrino finding!!!
The problem, darling, is not that it's hard to understand. The problem is that these people who deny it can't handle the uncertainty that life without a god, or a scientific world in which learning ever changes and deepens our understanding, brings.

To not be certain in something, ever, is profoundly frightening to a lot of people.

Otherwise, good find. Wink
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I've read about this today too, but on Science magazine. But it doesn't matter 5th, they will not listen, they want their personal brand of god to exist so much, they do anything to keep the delusion afloat.
(February 23, 2012 at 10:15 am)LastPoet Wrote: I've read about this today too, but on Science magazine. But it doesn't matter 5th, they will not listen, they want their personal brand of god to exist so much, they do anything to keep the delusion afloat.

Lets be honest only god can make things go faster than light.. So they may as well not bother and go read the bible.. How else they going to Heaven?
The beautiful thing is: We can prove why it might be wrong, so the only thing to do now is MORE SCIENCE!

CERN channelling GLaDOS like a boss.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
I posted it more for like minded people who understand that science is the only way to truly understand the universe, and that the science community are open and honest about their findings. Heartwarming me thinks Smile

I care little for what the YECs think, the world is leaving them behind, good riddance to bad waste.
Yes O queen, this remembers me of Richard Feynman's words:

Richard P. Feynman Wrote:I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing, I think its much more interesting to live not knowing, than to have answers wich might be wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhBcLk_8...plpp_video

<3 Richard Big Grin
Might sound sappy but science is so beautiful. Smile

I love the background inspirational music
Quote:Faster-than-light neutrinos could be down to bad wiring

Damn, I was really hoping that they were leaking into the multiverse Sad
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
How cool would that have been, but seeing the honesty when they spot a mistake is brilliant isn't it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding your roots: DNA analysis for dummies. Jackalope 17 3750 October 30, 2017 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Kepler Keeps Finding Them Minimalist 2 773 June 21, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anti-Matter at CERN chimp3 24 3416 December 21, 2016 at 7:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  AUS researchers' finding back Cosmological Principle Jackalope 0 1173 September 17, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  CERN confirms new particle. Annik 24 16755 July 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Neutrino result queried! 5thHorseman 0 997 November 22, 2011 at 3:23 am
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  Speed-of-light experiments give baffling result at Cern little_monkey 56 22194 November 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What's new at CERN LastPoet 1 1256 October 4, 2011 at 9:32 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko