Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ode to His Frothiness-
Ode to His Frothiness-
I could post a new thread about Santorum every day. He's a bigger idiot and a dumber moron than G.W.B., and that says everything. What the fuck is wrong with the people who actually vote for him? We have to talk about it, because he's going to win, and that makes me want to vomit. Here's the most recent micro-reason why:

Quote:I don’t believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute. The idea that the church can have no influence or no involvement in the operation of the state is absolutely antithetical to the objectives and vision of our country. Kennedy for the first time, articulated a vision that said, ‘No, faith is not allowed in the public square. I will keep it separate. Go out and read the speech. ‘I will have nothing to do with faith. I won’t consult with people of faith.’ It was an absolutist doctrine that was foreign at the time of 1960.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/26/...-to-vomit/

Fucking disgusting, no? Just the thought of the possibility that he stands a sliver of a fragment of a particle of a chance makes me want to hurl, so we need a thread.

The people who vote for him concern me even more. People agree with this asshole? What kind of people? I was raised in a family, thick with Catholicism, and went to church every Sunday for 18 years of my life. I've never met anyone like him. Nobody in my family is voting for him, I know, I polled them.

He has no concept of history, as it actually happened. No understanding of the constitution, and his obnoxious, offensive, pious pie-hole alone should disqualify him from ever being taken seriously by a sentient being.

What the fuck is going on here?

RE: Ode to His Frothiness-

"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
This is a man who claims that a child conceived via rape is a gift from god.

Therefore if you are raped it's because god willed it.

Then, presumably under a christian theocracy(which is what the Repubs want) rape would no longer be a prosecutable offence.

Nice.....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 27, 2012 at 5:11 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:

e. Yes you have that right. And that is a problem why exactly?

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Ode to His Frothiness-
Not understanding your question /sarcasm leo sorry Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Santorum actually admitted that he believes the government belongs in people's bedrooms:

Quote:"This whole idea of personal autonomy, well I don’t think most conservatives hold that point of view. Some do. They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues. You know, people should do whatever they want. Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world..."

Source: http://yakkstr.com/posts/6565-Santorum-w...ur-bedroom

Apparently he thinks that all other conservatives think the same way. And it's scary how many of them do. My in-laws and the local Catholic priest think that Santorum would make a good president. Of course the priest was also in favor of Batshit Bachmann, too.

Did I mention that I live in the bible belt?
Oh let's hope he wins in Michigan tomorrow, since a Santorum upset will have Romney really on the run if he can't win in his home state.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Americans are wierd.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

At the rate Sanitarium is going, we're going to need to compile a "top 20 list" for all his WTF moments. I read the cited quote and said "old news, lately he's said..."
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world..."

Or nazis and commies for that matter.
What do I see in Rick Santorum?

I see a representation of a very loud, and a very large minority in this country. I see Santorum representing at LEAST one third of the American population, give or take. Santorum is very popular with the GOP right now. He represents what they have been working for since the 50's.

He doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell on winning because Obama has already proven that he will cut taxes on the rich and write the millitary a blank check. We will have another 4 years of Obama. Why should those in power give up a sure thing with Obama?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 282 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1069 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14283 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump has blood on his hands WinterHold 60 4375 December 13, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Sh*thole craps on his intel again..... Brian37 2 563 August 3, 2018 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2157 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 739 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1699 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Trump bomb Syria to back up his live tweets on Fox & Friends on 4/10? Whateverist 1 502 April 18, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The WLB Changes His Mind. Or Not. Minimalist 1 543 April 12, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie