Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need Your Help
I Need Your Help
Hello Everyone,

I'm a graduate student at the University of Edinboro. I'm working on a research thesis on the effects religion has on a person's political views. I need to get some raw data for this project to produce accurate results. For this I have developed an anonymous survey that will take only a couple of minutes to complete. The only restrictions are that you need to be 18 or older and live in the United States. I greatly appreciate anyone who is willing to take a couple of minutes and fill out this survey.

Thank you,

Justin

Survey Link:****
RE: I Need Your Help
if you need the effect of religion on a persons political views.... you'd better go to a religious forum.

If you are some science major.... then you are a very dumb person to even come here,... as ALL ATHEIST will tell you that Atheism is NOT a religion. If you did not know that,... Then I doubt your intelligence or the school that is suppose to educate you. What is the name of your school? McDonalds?

But,... most likely you are a troll from some poor country wanting our personal information for criminal activities.

I'll help you:

My name is Rick Santorum,....
Once I rule the USA in the name of the Bible,... I am going to screw all ya'll! You think Bush was a bad Mofo? Ya aint seen nothing yet! I'll give you more raw data for your study,... once I get my hands on these red buttons I can launch nukes with towards Satan Iran.

"Ha, you did not read the Bible,... untill you do it is pointless to talk to you!"... How many Christians or Muslims or whatever do you know ... have studied Atheism, and actually know what it means? True,... knowledge is better... BUT you attack THEM on the knowledge THEY lack about you. That is how you win.
I Need Your Help
University of edinboro????
Tell me more
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
It would be better put that I'm studying the effects or religion (or non-religion) on a person's political views. For my research to be effective I need to have data from Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, and Atheists. My hypothesis is that the religious groups will have a common political view and I need Atheists as a random component.

Edinboro is in Pennsylvania. It is a research college. I need a true random sample which is why I am going to all the religious forums and also this Atheist forum.

I hope that clears things up a bit. Please, if you haven't already, take the survey.

Survey Link: <snip>
I don't think you should be posting links to sites without first an introduction and after a certain number of posts.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(March 24, 2012 at 12:06 am)SaintGeorge Wrote: if you need the effect of religion on a persons political views.... you'd better go to a religious forum.

If you are some science major.... then you are a very dumb person to even come here,... as ALL ATHEIST will tell you that Atheism is NOT a religion. If you did not know that,... Then I doubt your intelligence or the school that is suppose to educate you. What is the name of your school? McDonalds?
Big Grin

McDonalds IS a really good school. Their schedule of classes runs 12 hours a day. Their available credit hours are all equally appetizing. They're affordable, and everyone gets their degree. What's not to like about McDonalds University. Hell, they even have an iconic mascot. Go Red and Yellow!!
[Image: Evolution.png]

(March 24, 2012 at 8:44 am)jd113421 Wrote: My hypothesis is that the religious groups will have a common political view and I need Atheists as a random component.

How are atheists a random component? :S My hypothesis is that political views more strongly correlate with intelligence and educational level than religion. But no one asked for my opinion Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!! MellisaClarke 99 30920 May 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Does god need your help? robvalue 66 9128 May 19, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Question I need major help with my Christian Family coolfunkDJ 145 26596 February 14, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Christians... I NEED your help Mudhammam 25 5135 July 1, 2014 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  I need help naming this new religion Escherscurtain 14 2276 March 24, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Escherscurtain
  Does the world need religion, even if it doesn't need God? Darwinian 21 9805 January 25, 2012 at 9:31 am
Last Post: J.Wylie
  is irrationality always bad ? i need help ! Rwandrall 17 4446 April 5, 2010 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana