Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunderf00t vs Eric Hovind @ The Reason Rally
Thunderf00t vs Eric Hovind @ The Reason Rally
Viewer discretion advised: this is incredibly painful to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9BfsHsVGNg?rel=0
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Thunderf00t vs Eric Hovind @ The Reason Rally
Eric Hovind's words make me want to face-punch him.
You can hear a slight whistling noise as the opposing arguments go over his head.
I made it 40 minutes, but Hovind finally made me want to smash my brains out against the wall pockmarked with the bulletholes of missing the point.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Eric Hovind: proof that stupidity is hereditary. Don't ask me how but I actually survived the full 56:56. I left TF00t a comment suggesting he could start a career as a dentist after all this experience of pulling teeth.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 5, 2012 at 10:48 pm)NoMoreFaith Wrote: I made it 40 minutes, but Hovind finally made me want to smash my brains out against the wall pockmarked with the bulletholes of missing the point.

You were braver than me. I gave up after five minutes.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
This would be easier to watch if I had a lobotomy... or maybe not. Basic instincts and all.
I made it through about 25 minutes or so as Eric tried to shove the burden of proof on Tfoot and use the Waldork "nyth nyth you don't know everything therefore Jesus" argument.

In my opinion, Tfoot is not well equipped to deal with the philoso-babble of Creationists on the fly mainly because he seems to give them way too much credit. Patiently trying to explain science or chemistry to someone like Eric Hovind is like trying to explain a submarine to a goldfish.

It would have been better to cut to the chase and say, "Yes, I admit I don't know everything" and let the feeble presuppositional nonsense begin.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Silliness.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
Could you expand? Without context, it's impossible to follow your meaning.
He didnt care for anything thunderfoot said after he said the universe doesnt exist. He wouldnt let it go, it was silly.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 761 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No reason justifies disbelief. Catharsis 468 42028 March 30, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 8695 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  My honest reason for disliking the idea of God purplepurpose 47 6112 December 11, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Athena777
  The reason why religious people think we eat babies rado84 59 6725 December 3, 2016 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Amarok
  whats the biggest reason you left christianity? Rextos 40 5371 July 31, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Reason Rally 2016 The Valkyrie 50 8619 June 8, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The main reason I'm an atheist drfuzzy 363 52643 May 4, 2016 at 5:36 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The Reason Rally BitchinHitchins 4 2594 February 23, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Thunderf00t Veritas 5 919 December 31, 2015 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter