Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<--- New Guy
<--- New Guy
Howdy,

I'm TJ. I am currently 23 years old. I was born and raised as a Catholic in Kansas, USA. I moved to Japan about 5 years ago and love it out here.

I find that Theological study is just about the most interesting thing I have ever done. All through high school I really enjoyed doing research attempting to find links and correlations between Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

After researching the history of the religions, I really lost faith in organized religion. I still thought the stories were cool though so I proceeded to study the source material.

Once I finished reading 3 different versions of the bible and comparing them to each other, the Koran, and the Torah I found that my faith in God was gone as the religions describe him anyway so I hit an agnostic phase.

Years later I stumbled across the wonderful site known as Bigthink and for the first time I saw the debates of Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, and Sam Harris. After witnessing these men put my disbelief and thoughts on the matter into words and arguments than courageously boast them to the world I knew that I had to hop off the fence and follow reason.

Now here I am trying to use this forum as a tool to get me back into researching/debating and polishing the rust off the ole brain.

See you all about.

The most efficient way to make someone an Atheist is to hand that person a bible and tell them to read it from cover to cover.
RE: <--- New Guy
Man, I'd love to go to Japan...

Welcome.
Cunt
Hello, and welcome to AF! ^_^

(May 2, 2012 at 9:44 am)frankiej Wrote: Man, I'd love to go to Japan...

Alas, who wouldn't..? Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hiya, New Guy! Sounds like you're in the right place. C'mon in and have a beer!
Welcome Big Grin
New member with a trollface avatar. Seems legit.

Welcome.
Welcome. Big Grin

Welcome.

I couldn't tell by the Sanji One Piece avatar or the Japanese Major quote for a sig Tongue
The most efficient way to make someone an Atheist is to hand that person a bible and tell them to read it from cover to cover.
(May 3, 2012 at 8:09 am)Thugnasty Wrote:

Welcome.

I couldn't tell by the Sanji One Piece avatar or the Japanese Major quote for a sig Tongue

And don't forget having Haruhi Suzumiya as my religious views. Tongue

Cunt
Welcome TJ
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New guy here Roykok 8 1100 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New guy DarkerEnergy 21 2173 January 18, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello, new guy here Casca 13 2121 October 14, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A new guy SuperSlayer 17 1941 July 2, 2016 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Spirian
  New Guy Here. Hello. The Atheist 27 3160 March 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm
  New Guy on the Block Rebel 9 1737 October 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm
  New guy Muad·Dib 39 6767 July 19, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello! New guy on the block here~~~ Preston Tsunami 11 1636 April 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  New Guy Here! GuardianAtheist 19 2401 April 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: ajarnfalang
  New Guy Vox Populi 25 3720 February 26, 2015 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Vox Populi