Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Son^3
The Son^3
  • Horus, Son of Osiris and born from virgin mother Isis.
  • Hercules, Son of Zeus and born from virgin mother Acmene.
  • Jesus, Son of God and born from virgin mother Mary.

There are most likely others that I don't know about, but the reason why I made this thread is to be able to get a lead on something I wasn't aware of before:

Every religion leading up to Christianity and including Christianity (according to this) have known for the longest time that this god is indeed real, who is absolutely crucial to our existence and we experience him everyday without an exception. I am of course referring to the SUN.

So I'm just wondering, did anyone already know about this and do you know where I can find information relating to such things as:
  • The sun was thought to be born from the virgin moon and constellation Virgo.
  • The sun passes through the twelve zodiac signs.
  • The sun dies during the winter solstice (December 22nd) and rises 3 days later on the 25th.

That would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone has anything to add or discuss, feel free to do so.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: The Son^3
Read Joseph Campbell. He'll take you there and back again.
Trying to update my sig ...
It so much easier to borrow from older cultures than come up with something new.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 8, 2012 at 9:08 am)Epimethean Wrote: Read Joseph Campbell. He'll take you there and back again.

Sean Carroll does better and takes you from eternity to here Smile
The Romans knew this fact extremely well. You can't convert someone to a completely different idea, you simply subvert the religion that already exists.

The depiction of Pan as the devil is a good example, instead of a 7 headed dragon with 10 horns.

Off topic, sorry, but how does that work anyway, I can't figure out how 10 horns works on a 7 headed dragon.. is that 3 heads with 2 horns, and then one horn on the rest... 10 horns on a middle head and then bald 6 heads.. I must know...

Or is it vague like the scary ass motherfuckers in heaven supposed to be made of "eyes".
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(May 8, 2012 at 9:58 am)Kayenneh Wrote: It so much easier to borrow from older cultures than come up with something new.

Indeed, Christianity is pretty much built on other older religions.
Many Christian events are actually Pagan.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(May 8, 2012 at 10:08 am)Ace Otana Wrote:
(May 8, 2012 at 9:58 am)Kayenneh Wrote: It so much easier to borrow from older cultures than come up with something new.

Indeed, Christianity is pretty much built on other older religions.
Many Christian events are actually Pagan.

Yeah it kind of gives me shivers whenever a Christian friend labels something as very paganistic and un-Christian. If only they knew..
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(May 8, 2012 at 10:46 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Yeah it kind of gives me shivers whenever a Christian friend labels something as very paganistic and un-Christian. If only they knew..

Some do. But in their minds they made it better.. XD
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I just would like to give you the name of the pagan god that the Christians of today worship. The name is Sol Victus as he is the pagan god that Emperor Constantinople 1 worshipped when Roman Emperor Constantinople who considered himself as a god also called the meeting of all the Roman Catholic Bishops together in the year 325, the name of the meeting is called the Council of Nicea in 325.

They did two things at this council that is memorable.

1 the council decided on the divinity of Jesus Christ to God the Father which they determined that Sol Victus would be Jesus.

2. They also decided the date that Easter would fall on in worship of their pagan goddess named Oestre

This period is the time when Constantinople brought all different religions under what he called Christianity and they were called Christians.

During this period also to make sure that all other religion where under the Roman Catholic Christians, he gave them a choice either they could all convert to the Roman Catholic Christianity are be executed and the majority of those who followed the teaching of the emissary (apostle) Paul as Paul was taught by Jesus Christ were executed.

The Roman Catholic Church say they come through the apostle Peter which is not true as Peter did not ever go to Rome and was not the first Pope of Rome.

I used to search wikipedia and that is were I found the truth about what I have just mentioned. But make note that the human power to be called the Church has it so you have to separate the truth from the misinformation

Oh, yes, Wikipedia. It must be true.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4079 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? vorlon13 258 60344 October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  The Prodigal Son Ignorant 86 12659 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Video Christian faimily disowns gay teen son on youtube Fake Messiah 10 3017 April 29, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Parents Charged in Beating Death of Son at Church JesusHChrist 56 9463 October 22, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Did "james son of zebedee" ever meet Paul the Apostle? Coreni 6 4415 June 25, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Metis
  Is Jesus the son of God? Whateverist 91 12162 December 20, 2014 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: professor
  Hint not taken; son of dead rattlesnake preacher bitten. Ryantology 15 4540 May 28, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Jesus the Bastard Son: Part 3 - From Talmud to Toledoth michaelsherlock 0 1298 April 12, 2012 at 12:28 am
Last Post: michaelsherlock
  Jesus the Bastard Son: Part 2 michaelsherlock 6 3777 April 11, 2012 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: michaelsherlock