Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Gonna Drop This Here...
Rainbow 
Just Gonna Drop This Here...
Heya,

Relatively new to the whole Atheism thing, but a little about me is appropriate for an introduction post isn't it?

Though raised by an Agnostic mother and a moderately Christian father (plus the rest of his family) I was given a fairly secular upbringing. I remained pretty much on the fence about a lot of religious based things. I gave Christianity a try for like...two weeks, but guilt and shame really weren't my thing, so I tossed that aside rather quickly. After that I gave Wicca a try, and had that going for about two years or so, and that was pretty okay. Still I lost interest in it, never really had the heart for zeal or steadfast belief. Plus, those rituals? Expensive and rather boring

After that I claimed myself as an agnostic who kept an ear to the ground for different religious things. Never really had a fondness for organized religion or god for that matter as I aged and learned more. Ironically enough it was my almost having died last year that brought about the change. Even an event which my faith following grandmother (love her to death) attributes to god and what not, wasn't enough to convince me of something I'd been slowly coming to realization with. I really had been an atheist for quite sometime, just one that hadn't realized it yet and was clinging to old superstitions and hokey things for the sake of comfort.

Which I currently find amusing as this whole Atheism thing has made me happier than I ever was before. Nice to focus on the real world I've learned these past few months.

Anyways, I've gone on, just wanted to introduce myself before I go prowling around on the forum.

~Braioch~
RE: Just Gonna Drop This Here...
Let me be the first to welcome you. Hi! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Fuck religion and embrace Science.

It's much more intellectually rewarding.

P.s Hi

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome aboard.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
If you keep capitalising 'atheist' people might begin to think it's a religion, heh. Welcome Smile
Nice to have you.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Welcome sir.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Hey thanks everyone =)

And Tempus, Atheism in my mind is a group of people whom share certain key beliefs as do other groups whom are not religious. Masons still get capitalized, each of the armed forces, groups get their names capitalized and honestly I think it's only fair that Atheists get it too.
Welcome
We have a rating system now?? WTF? Confusedhock:

By the by Welcome from sunny Perth Western Australia...where it is currently doing it's winter thingy and raining. Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1779 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Just joined – here's my story! GeorgiasTelescope 20 4107 June 25, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hi, an agnostic here ... just agnostic. TheHuxleyAgnostic 47 4106 November 12, 2016 at 4:06 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Just landed here Hotel Bravo 23 2822 July 11, 2014 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Just Here for Advice, but Hi! Pinja 20 5920 August 2, 2013 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: SmarterthanU
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6685 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  Hi, I am new here. Just wanting to learn MORETORQUE 16 2474 April 11, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Just another (black) Atheist here Drkojiin 42 9963 June 4, 2012 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
Wink New here and I'm probably gonna sound mean! CR88 29 8578 May 24, 2012 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I just registered just now! Emma_Hates_Islam 46 11956 December 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Happy UnBeliever