Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitt Romney Booed At NAACP Convention For Saying He'd Repeal Obamacare
Mitt Romney Booed At NAACP Convention For Saying He'd Repeal Obamacare
Quote:Mitt Romney was booed Wednesday at the NAACP conference for promising to repeal the president's signature health care reform law, bringing him to an awkward halt in the middle of an otherwise civilly-received pitch for black voters.

It was an awkward moment that forced him to go off script, after giving a somewhat pained smile as the booing continued.

"I'm going to eliminate every non-essential, expensive program I can find, that includes Obamacare, and I'm going to work to reform and save --" Romney said before being interrupted for about 15 seconds.

"You know, there was a survey of the Chamber of Commerce -- they carried out a survey of their members, about 1,500 surveyed, and uh, they asked them what effect Obamacare would have on their plans, and three-quarters of them said it made them less likely to hire people," he said when the booing stopped. "So I say, again, that if our priority is jobs, and that's my priority, that's something I'd change and replace."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11...64900.html
RE: Mitt Romney Booed At NAACP Convention For Saying He'd Repeal Obamacare
"Our priority is jobs"

Oh, the bitter irony.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(July 12, 2012 at 7:27 am)Zen Badger Wrote: "Our priority is jobs"

Oh, the bitter irony.

Actually, the Republicans (well mainly their interests who back and fund them) have been the ones getting the jobs. All the credit Obama was taking were jobs being added that help the 1% further screw America.

The GOP priority are jobs that only help the 1%.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(July 12, 2012 at 7:27 am)Zen Badger Wrote: "Our priority is jobs"

Oh, the bitter irony.

He means for Chinese, East Indians, Our Friends the Pakistanis, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They keep saying the quiet parts out loud LadyForCamus 4 620 May 26, 2022 at 12:04 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Wyoming Senator gets booed at Commencement. Jehanne 4 674 May 17, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5986 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  RNC Convention onlinebiker 0 253 August 26, 2020 at 11:20 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too. Minimalist 43 10464 July 29, 2017 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5171 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  OK - This Is Saying A Lot Minimalist 27 5762 March 28, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare Minimalist 15 1721 February 1, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  No Wonder Romney Won't Endorse Him. Minimalist 5 1356 October 7, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1687 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon