Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Atheist Mother's Promise...
An Atheist Mother's Promise...
http://parentingbeyondbelief.com/parents/?p=505

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Clap

RE: An Atheist Mother's Promise...
Beautiful. I particularly liked this gem: "...in a society that’s on religious autopilot".
Christ women are wordy.

An atheist fathers promise:

If you don't do what you're godamned told I'll beat the ever-living shit out of you, you little bastards, and...mommy loves you.

Night night.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Rhythym, you're far to nice to your kids.

I just beat mine.
Quote:Not only by the needs of feeding you and making sure you don’t bump your head on the corner of the coffee table. (I’ll admit, we’ve failed at that a few times.)

Thats close to how I ended up with a a scar through the middle of my eyebrow Big Grin
I know I know, I'm soft, and those sons of bitches take advantage of that all the time. Constantly whining about ridiculous things;

"Daddy, we're hungry...daddy, we need water, daddy..... I'm bleeding"

Suck it up whiners. While we're on the subject, how come nobody wipes my motherfucking ass, or gently powders my sack. Coddled, that's what they are. Would you believe that in nearly 4 years not a single soccer ball has been produced between the lot of em?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Mine ask me for pocket money. I tell them, 'you're 3 now, you can fucking work, I got my own shit to deal with'

Sometimes I get Ron Paul on their ass's, and school them on liberty and I ain't sharing a fucking dime. They can pay their own gutdang way. My interest rates to them are quite competitive.
(August 1, 2012 at 6:02 pm)Rhythm Wrote: If you don't do what you're godamned told I'll beat the ever-living shit out of you, you little bastards, and...mommy loves you.

Night night.

Sounds like someone else I know.

They call him god instead of mommy.
You damned right. I remind my children of that all the time. That I can read their thoughts, see through walls, and the wickedness in their hearts. They don't deserve me, but I mercifully allow them to live nevertheless.
(also, mommy doesn't actually love them - I just tell them that to throw them off, keep em on their toes)
I make my 8 year old do write-offs. Not bullshit ones either- "My mouth runs like an old Model T going down a very bumpy road." and "He who throws the first blow admits he's run out of ideas."

He's pretty fucking well behaved.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think my mother may be becoming an atheist, advice? IanHulett 22 5672 October 17, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Mother wants to start going to church... NemesisPrime 27 3623 August 9, 2014 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Atheist Group Forces Grieving Mother To Remove Roadside Cross Yahweh 46 12284 March 13, 2014 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  My mother annoys me Napoléon 82 27766 February 27, 2012 at 3:57 am
Last Post: tackattack