Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only evil people don't believe in Christ per Bible.
Only evil people don't believe in Christ per Bible.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
Joh 3:21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."

As you can see per these verses, only evil people don't come towards the "light" and believe in Jesus.

Here is a basic argument that in my opinion is sound and refutes Christianity:

If Christianity is true, then the Bible is true.
If the Bible is true, then these verses are true.
If these verses are true, then all disbelievers in the son of God are evil
There exists disbelievers that are good.
Therefore these verses are not true.
Therefore the Bible is not true.
Therefore Christianity is not true.

As for proof of "There exists disbelievers that are good and love the light". I know my family are good but disbelieve in Christianity for reasons unrelated to evil and hating the light of God or loving the darkness. I'm sure many people know people that are disbelievers in Christianity but are good people.
RE: Only evil people don't believe in Christ per Bible.
Pretty much the message of every cult, isn't it?
I am not evil. I don't lie, cheat, steal, or murder. I smile and wave at little kids and old people. I pay taxes (a higher percentage than certain presidential candidates, I might add...). I am a good friend. I am a good mother and wife. If my simple disbelief makes me evil, well I guess I might as well start smoking crack and turning tricks.
Yeah, I know there are people who are good. It's a whole other level of goodness though. I would joke and say get on my level, but I'm sure I'd be pounced on.
Unfortunately, to the general xtian 'mind'-set (such as it is) it makes little difference whether a person is good or bad. The only criterion for entry into heaven is whether or not you believe; or as AronRa tends to put it, believing the least credible people about the least probable things. Even Santa still delivers presents to people regardless of whether they believe in him or not, he just doesn't give a flying fox about that.

(September 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm)festive1 Wrote: If my simple disbelief makes me evil, well I guess I might as well start smoking crack and turning tricks.

Precisely. I've said it before, but if I'm to be hanged for a sheep as a lamb and I'm to be damned to hell anyway just because I never believed, then I've got nothing to lose by going out raping and killing.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Their single, entire litmus test for good/evil seems to come down to one question: Do you believe that Jesus is the son of God who died for your sins?

If you answer yes, you're good. If you answer no, you're evil.

Kinda falls apart pretty quickly when you realize there's a much greater chance of Hitler answering 'yes' than there is of Ghandi saying 'yes.'
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I can be pretty fuckin' evil, but I don't think it is because I don't believe the shit in the bible.
Cunt
(September 4, 2012 at 4:49 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(September 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm)festive1 Wrote: If my simple disbelief makes me evil, well I guess I might as well start smoking crack and turning tricks.

Precisely. I've said it before, but if I'm to be hanged for a sheep as a lamb and I'm to be damned to hell anyway just because I never believed, then I've got nothing to lose by going out raping and killing.

Exactly... It's not like there are gangs of rabid atheists roving the hinterlands pillaging on a whim. For the large part, we are pro-social. Hell, I've even seem some recent stats that say atheists are more likely than Christians to volunteer in their communities. But if we're all going to hell anyway, why bother?
Ah, Freewill you see. Or God's Plan. Or something like that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I once heard some convoluted argument that they (the non-believers in China and India) would be spared, because they didn't have the choice of accepting Jesus... That they were considered "innocents" because they had never heard the word of Christ... That's a big loophole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1918 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 361 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 569 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4047 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38684 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13214 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7954 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 16612 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1546 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Creating Christ JML 26 3048 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne