Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
film recommendation
film recommendation
I have just watched an old film called " Inherit The Wind ". It is in black and white and dates from the 50's I think. It deals with the trial of a schoolteacher for teaching Darwinism in a school in the bible belt of America in the 30's.
Great script, fine acting and highly relevant to the current day I think.
I recommend it!
Can anybody recommend other films dealing in atheism v religion?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: film recommendation
The Devil's Advocate from 1997 and Contact.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
I loveddd inherit the wind. Some great quotes in that movie. Contact was absolutely amazing too. I have nothing to add to this list though Tongue
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
thanks overmars, rock have ordered the 2 to view.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
There Will Be Blood is a recent one, and it's GREAT. One of the better films in the last 20 years. The tagline should speak for itself:

"What happens when faith meets ambition?"
- Meatball
(July 26, 2009 at 6:06 pm)bozo Wrote: thanks overmars, rock have ordered the 2 to view.

You're welcome and if you want some comedy watch Dogma.Smile
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Dogma is hilarious
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(July 27, 2009 at 7:05 am)Overmars Wrote:
(July 26, 2009 at 6:06 pm)bozo Wrote: thanks overmars, rock have ordered the 2 to view.

You're welcome and if you want some comedy watch Dogma.Smile

I concur.

(July 27, 2009 at 7:41 am)Dotard Wrote: Dogma is hilarious

And I concur again...!! It is indeed a fucking excellent movie. Freaking fucking funny Tongue

EvF
thanks all, 2 more to watch!
Watch Borat lol the scene when he comes to the end of his rope and encounters a christian church and has some experience of his own.Simply hilarious and priceless!!
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resistance bands recommendation? brewer 4 477 November 15, 2023 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  De-Pluralize A Film, Book, etc BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1100 September 18, 2022 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  youtube recommendation algorithm gave me this gem Cepheus Ace 0 269 April 27, 2019 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 520 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  film I can't remember what it is paulpablo 10 2185 July 17, 2013 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  The Film Continuum Darwinian 261 15572 June 15, 2012 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Whats your favorate film? Reforged 16 4153 June 2, 2012 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Tempus