Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:46 am

Poll: Should Drich be allowed to use the content of this web site as a frame of reference in a interview he and his wife will be going through
This poll is closed.
Yes
96.00%
24 96.00%
No
4.00%
1 4.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview
Interview
My wife and I are starting the membership process of a new church in the area. Our old church basically washed their hands of us when we asked 2 of the elders for help right after we were first married. "we are not equip to handle a problem like yours. Perhaps you can find help at one of our sister churches." Then shortly their after all of my 'work' was either taken or willfully surrendered. I have been kinda wandering the wilderness" so to speak for the last 10 or so years. The last 5 of which i spent answering questions on line. (Had to get my house in order first, and took a year off recovering.)

Now we are both ready to start a new church together. They are going to ask what I have been doing the last 10 or so years. After the sob story i have to tell about the 1st 4 years I want to be able to point to This web site and the other one that I have been working on. Here in lies the problem. One of you asked or accused me of comming here to brag to other members of my church or to point to the work I am doing with "these heathens." This was not my orginal intention, and it is still not my intention. However I do want to use the work i have done here to point to what I believe, and as a testament to how i work with others.

So I want to get a consensus of what you all think, about me using what has been posted here as a frame of reference. I want to teach again, and I believe alot of the questions here would give the people interviewing me a good idea of who I am and what I believe. That said I can all but ensure that this will not lead to an influx of believers, as this information will only be shared with just a few people.

I will honor whatever the results of this poll turn out to be.

Can I use your forum, your threads post and my responses as a frame of reference in a up comming interview
-Or-
Do you want your thoughts and discussions to remain between us?
RE: Interview
ROFLOL
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I believe that the truth should be made available to everyone. That being said, everything that I have posted here is hopefully close to what the truth is and the truth itself is independent of who speaks it out. Therefore I don't care if others read explicitly what I have said. I'm also all for helping you out and ensuring you have a bright future wherever you're intending on working.

It's a yes from me Smile
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
And that's how the noob invasion began!

Skunk
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Perhaps I missed something. I might be better able to answer the poll, or give guidence, if I knew exactly why you and your wife were kicked out of church.
Most of what is available on this site is available publicly. So, go for it. That being said, I wouldn't be proud of the "work" you have done here, drich. I'm actually a little put out that you think you are here to "work." You are not supposed to be here to preach, meaning convince others of your beliefs. So, I must ask what kind of work you think you are doing.

On a side note, there are areas of this forum that require special permissions to view. I'm not sure if you have access to them, but I wouldn't share anything from those areas for fear of the wrath of the heathens.
The heathenpron section? Is there any other part of this site worth viewing?

(I still haven't checked that part of the site out, can't bear the thought of presenting Tibs with my papers...what would Crater think?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I dont think you need anyones permission to tell the truth.
Nor do I think I would use online discussion forum activity on my CV if I was in your place.
Just say you enjoy discussing religion, theology, AvT, etc. with other people around the world via internet forums (fora).
If they want to know more, they will ask. But I'd be surprised if they wanted to inspect your work that closely.
The ''atheosphere'' is hardly something you average pastor or church elder is likely to want to wade through page by page...
she said, I said, she said, I said....
(October 22, 2012 at 12:45 am)Lion IRC Wrote: I dont think you need anyones permission to tell the truth.
Nor do I think I would use online discussion forum activity on my CV if I was in your place.
Just say you enjoy discussing religion, theology, AvT, etc. with other people around the world via internet forums (fora).
If they want to know more, they will ask. But I'd be surprised if they wanted to inspect your work that closely.
The ''atheosphere'' is hardly something you average pastor or church elder is likely to want to wade through page by page...
she said, I said, she said, I said....

Thinking hmm...he may have a point here.
Quote: You are not supposed to be here to preach, meaning convince others of your beliefs.

Not to worry, Shel. He couldn't convince a blind man that it was dark outside.

How fucked up do you have to be to get thrown out of any xtian church?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Interview Assignment Student 70 4933 November 21, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9809 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Interview with a Jovo Fidel_Castronaut 98 10967 June 14, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Atheist Interview! All knowledgeable Atheists needed! danidare13 19 3902 September 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope