Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Interview Assignment
Interview Assignment
Hi, I am a Christian and I'm doing an assignment for one of my college classes. The assignment involves asking several different individuals a list of questions:
  • How would you describe your own religious background and church involvement?
  • How would you describe God?
  • What do you think is important in life?
  • What do you think it takes to be straightened out (or made right) with God?
  • How would you describe Jesus?
  • What are your thoughts about churches today?
If you have any questions for me I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability, just list them at the end of your response to these questions.
RE: Interview Assignment
Hilarious  And you need the answers by tomorrow, right? Rolleyes
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 14, 2019 at 12:21 am)Student Wrote: [*]How would you describe your own religious background and church involvement?
[*]How would you describe God?
[*]What do you think is important in life?
[*]What do you think it takes to be straightened out (or made right) with God?
[*]How would you describe Jesus?
[*]What are your thoughts about churches today?

How would you describe your own religious background and church involvement?
I was raised in the catholic faith and we attended church up until my first communion. After that, we ceased attending church. Religious background at home was simply reciting a prayer before bed and Jesus artwork on the walls, but religious discussion or even grace before a meal was not something that happened.

How would you describe God?
A concept created by man for the appeasement of emotionally unstable individuals.

What do you think is important in life?
Living it.

What do you think it takes to be straightened out (or made right) with God?
Absolutely nothing.

How would you describe Jesus?
Another fictional character.

What are your thoughts about churches today?
Unnecessary.
(November 14, 2019 at 12:24 am)Fireball Wrote: Hilarious  And you need the answers by tomorrow, right? Rolleyes

Nope, just posting now so I can not have to worry about it later.
Mixed faith family, I get involved with churches when they're doing something that's worth a shit.  So...rarely.

Which god am I being asked to describe?  

I think that family, and the extension of family, are the important things in life.  

Which god, again?

I'd describe jesus as one of the most abhorrent and useless god concepts ever envisioned.

None until you asked..and after you asked, still none.

Hopefully that's enough to collect a participation trophy in your "college" ahead of the holidays.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Jesus wants you to do your own damn homework.

I mean, seriously....

This is about the laziest fucking way you could go about this.

You aren't afraid Jesus will think you lazy, right?
If jesus wanted you to do your own homework he wouldn't have hauled his ass up on that cross. OFC he's fuckin lazy, he's a christian. Their religion is centered around some other asshole doing the work for you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well, duh.
Hey Christians. Jesus asked me to ask you guys to send me $5 each to my paypal address.

What's that? You're critical thinking skills just went to def con 5? lol.

Yeah, religion makes one lazy … All the important thinking is done for you...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 14, 2019 at 1:02 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Which god am I being asked to describe?  
This would be what or who you think God is? Answers could vary from Christian God to Islamic God to Non-existent God to Fable constructed to keep the people in order.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9810 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Interview with a Jovo Fidel_Castronaut 98 10970 June 14, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Atheist Interview! All knowledgeable Atheists needed! danidare13 19 3903 September 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Interview Drich 93 22196 October 31, 2012 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Tnmusicman