Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Well I just found the forums about an hour ago and after browsing for a bit I decided why not register? Some sections did look a little intimidating for me since I'm no expert in math, science, etc but this certainly looks like a cool place to hang out with like minded people. A little background about me is I'm 19, from New York, and my name is Sebastian. Looking forward to spending some time on here and posting! Smile
RE: Hello!
hello, I'm sure you have lots to offer us.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 31, 2012 at 2:29 am)JohnDG Wrote: hello, I'm sure you have lots to offer us.

It all depends on what you're looking for. Tongue
Hi, Sebastian. Don't worry, there's a lot of us who are no experts in those things, but we all - mostly - have something to contribute.

New York, eh? Hope you and your loved ones have been okay in that storm.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 31, 2012 at 2:31 am)PutridHumanFailure Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 2:29 am)JohnDG Wrote: hello, I'm sure you have lots to offer us.

It all depends on what you're looking for. Tongue

I look for different perspectives and opinions on the topics at hand sometimes I just don't see it and will not budge. Most are here to hang out or entertain themselves.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 31, 2012 at 2:32 am)Stimbo Wrote: Hi, Sebastian. Don't worry, there's a lot of us who are no experts in those things, but we all - mostly - have something to contribute.

New York, eh? Hope you and your loved ones have been okay in that storm.

I figured if I needed to pretend to be an expert, I could always use google. Hopefully I'll figure out what I can contribute once I get settled in.

Funny thing is the storm didn't affect me at all in my area, my lights never even flickered and I just sat through most of Sandy watching movies. I wish more people could say they had my experience. It seemed to be a much more difficult experience for most people.

(October 31, 2012 at 2:35 am)JohnDG Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 2:31 am)PutridHumanFailure Wrote: It all depends on what you're looking for. Tongue

I look for different perspectives and opinions on the topics at hand sometimes I just don't see it and will not budge. Most are here to hang out or entertain themselves.

Thats what I think I'm here for, some entertainment and a place to kill time. Also I have hundreds of atheist pages "liked" on FB and they provide a good laugh here and there, as well as some insightful knowledge but I guess I'm just thirsty for more. Thinking
Good to hear you're ok, anyway. The biggest storm we had over here in the UK was in 1987, it was nothing like your Sandy or Katrina.

Google is probably the most important tool for the pseudo-expert. I've managed to get away with it alright so far. So I hope no-one reads this...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Well just so you know I'm not much of an entertainer I keep my post pretty blunt mostly.
Welcome

There is much that this site can introduce you to and much you can give it vie your own perspectives on whichever topic.

Enjoy Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates