Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Should Thank Murderers, Here is Why
We Should Thank Murderers, Here is Why
I have been thinking about this for a long while now, but the recent event with the child named Lane Goodwin has motivated me to bring it up. For those who do not know, Lane Goodwin was a kid who had some type of hardcore cancer. There was a Facebook page for him for the moral crusaders to jump on and it was called 'Prayers for Lane Goodwin'. This page got almost 400,000 members and was really popular.

Sadly, Lane still passed away, to everyone's surprise. This is obvious proof that prayer does nothing, but that is not the topic. Afterwards, I still seen pictures and comments being put up on this page and people saying the classic bullshit. 'He is in a better place!' 'He doesn't have to suffer anymore!' 'He is with god now!' All that jazz. Basicslly saying that Lane's death is now a GOOD thing. This brings me to my main point.

So, heaven is eternal bliss, correct? Basically, human life is suffering, but if we follow gods word and accept Jesus Christ, then when we die we will go to this eternal bliss. That sounds dandy does it not? Now, Lane still died, despite all of the pleas for his recovery. This, combined with the comments of the fundys afterwards, made it apparent that god let him die, for the purpose of taking him to heaven, to end his mortal suffering. So, with this in mind, god is in fact, a murderer, or at least partially.

The main point: We hate murderers correct? Human beings that end the life of a fellow human being. My question: Why? This question is being asked with the mindset that any of the Abrahamic religions are true.

Okay, a person just gunned down a bunch of people, let's say, 20. 10 were Christian, 5 were atheist, and the other five were of some other relgion. The person who did this, the murderer in this case, if he did not kill himself, will either be excecuted or sent to prison for life. What did he really do though?

For the 10 Christians, he just ended their suffering. He just granted them access to eternal bliss, a quick ticket basically. That is good isn't it? Those people no longer have to worry about death, disease, famine, war, destruction, and all of the horrible things about life. They are now with god. So, he did a good job! Right? There really is no point of being sad, because their deaths were actually a GREAT thing. Now, the atheists. For them, it does not matter. They are going to hell. Some have told me "Well, they could have seen the light eventually!" If those people ever once denied the Holy Spirit, then they are %100 doomed. So, the murderer just advanced the apparent inevitable. The 5 people of other religions? Going by the bible, it is the same gig as the atheists, but they MIGHT have had a chance, but again, that would not have happened.

So, I ask the religious, why are murderers so condemned by you? Is it because they are ending innocent lives, because it sounds like they are not ending their lives, but letting them begin! Is it the fact that they are playing god? Because we all know that god has murdered billions of people and technically still is murdering with disease, but it is okay as long as god does it.

Hopefully my wording here makes sense, but I have really been wanting to bring this up for a while. For those who don't know, I am completely against murder, as I say most people should be, but if I was religious I would potentially see it in a more positive light, as sickening as it is. This is just further proof that religion constantly makes a mockery of everything that life is, including the end of it. Thank you for reading.
[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
RE: We Should Thank Murderers, Here is Why
Are you intentionally making a straw man?

If somebody says "he is in a better place" that isn't the same as saying "his death is a good thing".
(November 1, 2012 at 5:36 am)Daniel Wrote: Are you intentionally making a straw man?

If somebody says "he is in a better place" that isn't the same as saying "his death is a good thing".

Really. "He is in a better place" sure sounds like a positive spin on it. If I was in a country torn apart by war, and I left this place but I left my family behind in the process, they could say "He is in a better place". Why? Because I went from one place, which was bad, and to another, which was good. This is exactly what happened to Lane Goodwin according religious mythology, except, well, he is dead. It is quite clear that when people say this, they are trying to put a positive spin on it.
[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
To you it sounds like that, to me it sounds like you're trying to twist the words of other people. If I use that argument with the topic of abortion it might be something along the lines of "the 'it's my body' argument means they think adults have the right to life and babies don't". Would you believe an argument as weak as that if I presented it? Of course you wouldn't.
Quote:Is it the fact that they are playing god? Because we all know that god has murdered billions of people and technically still is murdering with disease, but it is okay as long as god does it.
I disagree with your wording, but the basic point is correct. God as creator has rights over his created beings, up to and including death. Created beings only have rights over other created beings to the extent granted by God.
I think you have an exelent point here. Rock solid. If I were to be a Christian, I would probably like to think like this. Murderers are also created by God so it could never be a bad thing.

On the other hand, i'm lucky to be less primative. I do think murder is bad. Not so much cause of the people they've killed, but more for the people that loved the ones that died. Let's say teh aftershock of it.

But I also think, on a universal scale, it doesn't really matter at all. None of it really does. So even as a non believer, how bad is murder realy?
Wow you call me primitive? How primitive is it to construct nonsense straw man arguments! ROFL

Your argument can be extended - "if I was a Christian and my wife cheats on me it can't be a bad thing so I'd be all happy about it".

Anyway if you guys think the biggest problem with Christians today is that they support those who murder, then I'll let you believe that and worry about what I think the problems are.

They only say that because that means more to go around for them, that makes the placement of them better.

[Image: i%27m%20so%20embarrassed%2C%20i%20wish%2...20dead.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 1, 2012 at 8:20 am)John V Wrote:
Quote:Is it the fact that they are playing god? Because we all know that god has murdered billions of people and technically still is murdering with disease, but it is okay as long as god does it.
I disagree with your wording, but the basic point is correct. God as creator has rights over his created beings, up to and including death. Created beings only have rights over other created beings to the extent granted by God.

So, it's okay if I killed my children because I created them?? I think not.
(November 1, 2012 at 9:28 am)Daniel Wrote: Wow you call me primitive? How primitive is it to construct nonsense straw man arguments! ROFL

Do you believe in a God? If your answer is yes, then yes, I think you are primative and narrowminded.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6180 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5060 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  mother teresa is a cunt here is why dyresand 36 17802 August 4, 2015 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why should people not see this film? Aractus 47 10022 February 18, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Why should Christians be moral? Lemonvariable72 66 16239 December 18, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Thank you Christians... Mudhammam 53 9009 June 15, 2014 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Why Christians should Love Sodomy MindForgedManacle 0 1019 February 4, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Why should anyone even want a relationship with God? Ryantology 59 17087 January 17, 2013 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thank You Phil 32 11204 April 16, 2012 at 3:40 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  "Thank You, Jesus..... May I Have Another?" Minimalist 9 3597 December 11, 2011 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Minimalist