Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Christians...
Thank you Christians...
...For always reassuring me with your crazy imaginative ideas that leaving the fold was the smartest decision I ever made.
RE: Thank you Christians...
Yes, the latest batch of crazies has been particularly ripe.

And of course there are the oldies but goodies, like GC who trot out their ever so consistent bat shittery.

Lately, these folks are the religious version of just say no kids! Leave the bullshit to the bullshitters
I hold GC as the epitome of everything scientism* saved me from.

*to think in the style of science, i.e. adhering to rational principles and empirical evidence.
Do they realize they are more effective than any reasonable atheist at turning someone away from their God?

Yeah that scientism is some bad juju!
(June 9, 2014 at 7:03 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Do they realize they are more effective than any reasonable atheist at turning someone away from their God?

It's funny when believers speak of scientism as a "religion" or something that otherwise carries negative connotations. Or when they say, "there are realms of knowledge that science is not equipped to deal with," as if science necessitates a person in a white lab coat with a test tube in his hand.
And those realms are never measurable, testable, or any different from non existence
It's as if they think since one can imagine a green monster with six heads and twelve eyes, and science cannot study such an entity, it must triumph the domain of science!
(June 9, 2014 at 7:07 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(June 9, 2014 at 7:03 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Do they realize they are more effective than any reasonable atheist at turning someone away from their God?

It's funny when believers speak of scientism as a "religion" or something that otherwise carries negative connotations. Or when they say, "there are realms of knowledge that science is not equipped to deal with," as if science necessitates a person in a white lab coat with a test tube in his hand.

I think that's chiefly because they simply don't grasp how science works. They think of it as list of facts, and not as a methodology.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Do you all feel better now?

Is this some sort of bizarre group therapy?
Get together and mock those who worship God so that you don't feel so vulnerable?
What is the point? Do you feel better about yourselves when you mock those you do not understand?

What a pathetic bunch, sitting around patting each other on the back for absolutely no reason. You mock Christians for this very thing and then go do it yourself.

God is merciful, he will still forgive your blasphemy, your contempt, and your stupidity.
Get your heart right. Love Jesus. He wants to guide your life and live with him forever. Why not accept this gift.

Who cares about evidence. Evidence won't save you. Faith will. Only faith. Say a prayer asking Jesus to come into your heart and save you. He will do that and so much more. Why go to hell when you don't have to?
Don't burn for eternity. Live with Jesus Christ in a perfect existence!

There's going to be a new heaven and a new earth. Don't you want that? Don't be like the rest of the foolish atheists, burning forever in hell.
Smugness and pride are the Devil's tools. You're being deceived. Come to the mighty God Jehovah and know real love.

Ask and ye shall receive.
Do fuck off. Your happy little death cult had their chance at me.

Never again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7836 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34447 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31262 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51210 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15813 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this) Lemonvariable72 66 18562 September 7, 2013 at 10:36 am
Last Post: max-greece
  We Should Thank Murderers, Here is Why Killman 79 22013 November 6, 2012 at 10:39 am
Last Post: festive1
  Thank You Phil 32 11204 April 16, 2012 at 3:40 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  "Thank You, Jesus..... May I Have Another?" Minimalist 9 3597 December 11, 2011 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Thank you, Your Ass-Holiness.... Minimalist 104 33918 April 20, 2011 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Zen Badger