Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Greatest Fictional War Ever
The Greatest Fictional War Ever
So Christmas, which is a bit over a month away, is getting close. Apparently.

It all started early in October, before freaking Halloween even happened, and now it's getting worse. At this rate, we'll be having the good old "War on Christmas" debates spread all over the internet soon enough.

I don't know about you, but the fact that everyone's all excited for a holiday that's a month away, and considering what it's supposed to be celebrating, isn't even on the right day, pretty much sums up this whole so called "war."

It's like a fight between giant tigers and skittles. Christianity seems to have brought nuclear weapons to a slap fight.
[Image: 530586_4905425916384_11506356_n.jpg]
RE: The Greatest Fictional War Ever
Well if you watch conservative television there is a new war about something just as mundane every week.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(November 9, 2012 at 2:30 am)JosephBowie Wrote: So Christmas, which is a bit over a month away, is getting close. Apparently.

It all started early in October, before freaking Halloween even happened, and now it's getting worse. At this rate, we'll be having the good old "War on Christmas" debates spread all over the internet soon enough.

I don't know about you, but the fact that everyone's all excited for a holiday that's a month away, and considering what it's supposed to be celebrating, isn't even on the right day, pretty much sums up this whole so called "war."

It's like a fight between giant tigers and skittles. Christianity seems to have brought nuclear weapons to a slap fight.

Christians are not the ones who bring on this barrage of crap. I hate to see what is suppose to be a celebration of the birth of Christ made into a side show circus. The greedy, those who want to be what they are not and others have caused this mess, I personally hate what goes on in the name of Christ. Now I'm not against the giving of gifts, but this ridiculous I can give more than you can or you have to give because others do and ect. drives me crazy. By the way the date of Dec. 25th may be correct.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
What else do you expect from a religion that has gone mainstream corporate?
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Sign me up.
Solstice?? Always fun at Summer Solstice here in Oz. Tongue

Ummm was Solstice long before it was Xmas. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(November 9, 2012 at 2:50 am)Godschild Wrote:
(November 9, 2012 at 2:30 am)JosephBowie Wrote: So Christmas, which is a bit over a month away, is getting close. Apparently.

Christians are not the ones who bring on this barrage of crap. I hate to see what is suppose to be a celebration of the birth of Christ made into a side show circus. The greedy, those who want to be what they are not and others have caused this mess, I personally hate what goes on in the name of Christ. Now I'm not against the giving of gifts, but this ridiculous I can give more than you can or you have to give because others do and ect. drives me crazy. By the way the date of Dec. 25th may be correct.

We don't do the whole gift giving thing anymore. I buy presents for the grandkids and that is all.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
When I worked retail, I wondered if there was a lawsuit in being forced to listen to the endless loop of Christmas music... I've got small kids, we do Christmas, and Santa visits our house. We put up a tree and lights. I like the smell of a fresh tree in the house, and it's relaxing sitting down with a cup of egg nog in the dark watching the lights. But it's for the kids. For ours it's all about the giving (and the receiving) of the season, not about the birth of Jesus. We do a toy clean out of everything they haven't played with recently and give them to a local non-profit helping the homeless. We also do a tree angel, where you pick a kid's profile and get them something specific. My kids are always amazed and horrified by the idea that other kids don't have toys because their parents' can't afford them. So we basically celebrate Christmas without the religion.
Christmas is a fun family holiday for me. I like to put up a tree and decorate, I just leave out the Jesus-y stuff. Plus, I get to buy gifts for people, which I honestly love.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
To be honest, I'm actually pretty indifferent towards Christmas. To me, it's just another holiday, like all of the other ones. All of which, I am equally indifferent about.

Not sure why. I just am.
[Image: 530586_4905425916384_11506356_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 548 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Gospels and the war in Ukraine. Jehanne 15 1996 April 7, 2022 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 8561 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11538 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The War on Christmas Chad32 29 4023 January 15, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3980 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4431 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law rado84 25 3835 August 3, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  God's Greatest Regret Cinjin 14 3037 November 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Another fictional "I've been to heaven" book Foxaèr 20 4534 October 28, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas