Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Christ Feminista?
Jesus Christ Feminista?
"Jesus was a feminist and so am I"

Quote:In the first of a two-part feature on Christianity, the Church and women - theologian and broadcaster Vicky Beeching argues that the bible, and the teachings of Jesus are pro-women and pro-women's ministry.

Apparently all that stuff about not allowing a woman to have dominion over a man, injunctions against going anywhere near one during her "unclean time", calls for keeping the women and children for offscreen purposes after killing their menfolk, stipulations that rape victims have to marry their attackers, and Jesus himself calling a Canaanite woman's daughter a dog - these are what feminism is all about.

According to Beeching, JC was obviously pro-women because he "talked freely with women to the shock of those watching" (translation: "I'm not anti-women... some of my best friends are women!"). Also

Quote:Many of Jesus's followers were female. They were not included in the 12 apostles, but the community surrounding him was far larger than that.

So simply being in the neighbourhood qualifies you as a follower. Remember that next time there's some bank robbery or whatnot in your town; by virtue of your happening to live there, you must be part of the gang. I recommend turning yourself in, the courts might go easier on you.

Also he generously allowed women to pay all his bills and generally look after him and his merry men-friends. What a nice guy.

Further to all this, it seems we've been really unfair to Paul all these years as well and he's not the ragingly sexist misogynist we all thought. All we had to do is read his writings the correct way.

Quote:In his letter to the Romans, Paul highly commends Junias, thought by many scholars to have been a female apostle. Paul also penned the powerful statement in Galatians 3:28 that there is "neither male nor female, for all are one in Christ Jesus".

The phrase "polishing a turd" springs to mind.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Jesus Christ Feminista?
The Christian religion is not kind to women, but women seem to be statistically more religious. Does that seem right to you?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Quote:the teachings of Jesus are pro-women and pro-women's ministry.

Wait. Wait.

I thought the alleged "Paul" told women to STFU?
Yes, but apparently he liked one woman enough to mention her in a letter. The qualifications for being a feminist are ap"paul"ingly low, it seems.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The qualifications for being a xtian are apparently lower still.
Talk about desperately needing to reduce cognitive dissonance.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 24, 2012 at 10:19 pm)Annik Wrote: The Christian religion is not kind to women, but women seem to be statistically more religious. Does that seem right to you?

The more one is damaged by oppression, the more susceptible one becomes to the oppression of religion. This is why religion still exists and has not become extinct.

Is one's case made stronger if one were to forcibly cites an authority whose existence is suspect, and whose sanity, honest, and perception is held in the lowest possible regard amongst those who are most likely to be sympathetic to your cause?
[quote='Stimbo' pid='365945' dateline='1353809716']
"Jesus was a feminist and so am I"

Jesus is a MYTH - However - even the MYTH was not a feminist
1 Timothy

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

So- A woman should be submissive to men - quiet - and pregnant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1885 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4040 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7940 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3044 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3157 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1393 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3354 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2775 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2019 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are you following Trump or Christ? Foxaèr 13 1840 June 29, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13