Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions
Tongue 
A few questions
I also happen to be doing an assignment for school. If any of you who ARE Christian could answer this, that would be just awesome. Good luck!

1. What do you believe about make-believe?
2. What do you believe about "nothing"?
3. What do you believe about the gullibility of human beings?
4. If God doesn't believe in atheists, what does he think of agnostics?
5. What do you believe about life and suffering?
6. How do we get knowledge?
  • a. From the assertions of ancient books.
  • b. Observation/experience.
  • c. Pulling stuff out of your ass.
7. Why is God's beard grey?
8. How do you determine right and left?
9. What is the meaning of life for God?
10. If woman was created from a rib, why do we need condoms "ribbed for her pleasure"?
11. If you have a specific denomination you belong to, please explain how it's anymore truthful than all the many other denominations.
12. Which is more closely related to the trinity?
  • a. Multiple personality disorder.
  • b. Polyamory
  • c. Polytheism.
  • d. The three stooges

13. If God is all-good and all-knowing, how can he ever play a game fairly?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: A few questions
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I also happen to be doing an assignment for school. If any of you who ARE Christian could answer this, that would be just awesome. Good luck!

2. What do you believe about "nothing"?
3. What do you believe about the gullibility of human beings?
4. If God doesn't believe in atheists, what does he think of agnostics?
5. What do you believe about life and suffering?
6. How do we get knowledge?
7. Why is God's beard grey?
8. How do you determine right and left?
9. What is the meaning of life for God?
10. If woman was created from a rib, why do we need condoms "ribbed for her pleasure"?
11. If you have a specific denomination you belong to, please explain how it's anymore truthful than all the many other denominations.
12. Which is more closely related to the trinity?
  • b. Polyamory
  • c. Polytheism.
  • d. The three stooges

13. If God is all-good and all-knowing, how can he ever play a game fairly?

You'll have to be more specific of what "this" is... Had you said "these", it would have been easier...
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 1. What do you believe about make-believe?
It's made by God. As such, it's true.
Quote:2. What do you believe about "nothing"?
Everything.
Quote:3. What do you believe about the gullibility of human beings?
If you tell most humans they are gullible, they'll believe you.
Quote:4. If God doesn't believe in atheists, what does he think of agnostics?
He doesn't know.
Quote:5. What do you believe about life and suffering?
It's better than a pleasurable death.
Quote:6. How do we get knowledge?
I shut my eyes really tight and ask God really hard.
Quote:7. Why is God's beard grey?
Because Gandalf.
Quote:8. How do you determine right and left?
Left is what communists and hippies believe.
Quote:9. What is the meaning of life for God?
Quote:10. If woman was created from a rib, why do we need condoms "ribbed for her pleasure"?
Women know how to pleasure themselves better than men do.
Quote:11. If you have a specific denomination you belong to, please explain how it's anymore truthful than all the many other denominations.
My denomination is "the truth". It's more truthful than others because it at least has the word "truth" in it.
Quote:12. Which is more closely related to the trinity?
Neo.
Quote:13. If God is all-good and all-knowing, how can he ever play a game fairly?
Ssh! You'll ruin his winning streak!
(November 27, 2012 at 4:35 am)catfish Wrote: ...
You'll have to be more specific of what "this" is... Had you said "these", it would have been easier...

I was imitating the writing of the original poster who used "this." Dodgy
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 1. What do you believe about make-believe?
Its fun Big Grin
Well 'the nothing' in fantasia is because people stopped using their imaginations. Then terrorists invaded imagination land. Oh wait..
Its hilarious. I convince people of all sorts of bull for my own amusement. I'm a dick Smile
He's not sure.
Depends how I'm feeling. For the last few weeks I was all like "Fuck the world" now I'm like "Meh its okay"
Personally I prefer C. Just because then I don't have to read anything.
Because he's a statue.
I just know! I used to do the whole hand thing where your all like "Hey when I hold out my left hand and stick my thumb out it makes an L shape! OMGOMGOMG!" Infants school is so witty.
To be on toast?
Quote:10. If woman was created from a rib, why do we need condoms "ribbed for her pleasure"?
Something to do with aerodynamics or something like that.
Quote:11. If you have a specific denomination you belong to, please explain how it's anymore truthful than all the many other denominations.
Creationist Atheism. Duh.. Isn't it obvious.
  • b. Polyamory
  • c. Polytheism.
  • d. The three stooges

Neo! Unless Trinity had a sister.. I don't think she did.
Quote:13. If God is all-good and all-knowing, how can he ever play a game fairly?

Ummm

* Nine 's head explodes
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I also happen to be doing an assignment for school. If any of you who ARE Christian could answer this, that would be just awesome. Good luck!

Quote:1. What do you believe about make-believe?

I know that this phrase makes no sence after going through google translator

nothing

That how gullible a person is, depends on that persons character

non-existing things cannot think

that life is not always defined through suffering

b. Observation/experience.

Is it?

by writing "RIGHT" on my right hand and "LEFT" on my left hand, each morning befor I go out.

slavery

When carrots are red why do we still eat them when the red on the traffic lights means stop?

I dont

a. Multiple personality disorder.

something that doesnt exist cant play at all

You didn't hear it from me, but Mary says God is really shitty in bed.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

A whole universe coming from nothing ROFLOL
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 2. What do you believe about "nothing"?
Some scientist say something can come from nothing ... ROFLOL
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 3. What do you believe about the gullibility of human beings?
They believe in evolution, grandpa was an ape ROFLOL
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 4. If God doesn't believe in atheists, what does he think of agnostics?
He has a seperate line for them at the pearly gates and if they fail the questionnaire ... hell ROFLOL
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 5. What do you believe about life and suffering?
God gave us life but because we ate an apple now we have to suffer. ( suddenly i wonder why my mom always wanted me to eat apples, maybe she was the pagan witch i always thought she was.... Thinking )
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 6. How do we get knowledge?
By reading the holy scriptures every day and believe everything that is in them
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 7. Why is God's beard grey?
God hates black('s) everybody knows that duh ...

(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 8. How do you determine right and left?
By listening to people who know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71vnMmeOxRM
(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 9. What is the meaning of life for God?
To train us so he can fill heaven with happy obedient souls.

(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 10. If woman was created from a rib, why do we need condoms "ribbed for her pleasure"?
God doesn't approve of condoms you pervert. Angry

(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 11. If you have a specific denomination you belong to, please explain how it's anymore truthful than all the many other denominations.
Because god told me i was right.

(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 12. Which is more closely related to the trinity?
  • b. Polyamory
  • c. Polytheism.
  • d. The three stooges
Obviously you don't know the scriptures .. the trinity is : the holy father santa claus, the holy spirit that lives in the xmas tree, and ... jezus damn... what was that third one again...

(November 27, 2012 at 3:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: 13. If God is all-good and all-knowing, how can he ever play a game fairly?
God is eternal, he has an eternity to get away with cheating .. Big Grin
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais

Well, I'm a Christian, so I guess that makes me a legitimate respondent.

Quote:1. What do you believe about make-believe?

...uh, I guess I believe that make-believe is make-believe. This question makes no sense.

I believe that flights of fancy are just passing thoughts in the mind of whatever person is imagining them.

...uh, again, weird question. It's a useful concept for constructing and analyzing certain propositions. For example, "Nothing is better than true love" means "There does not exist anything that is better than true love". Contrarily, "Anything is better than nothing" means something more like "If S is a non-empty set, then having S is better than not having anything."

Human beings are prone to certain cognitive biases and the influence of emotion rather than reason, resulting in frequent irrational judgments.

Well, if we assume "God doesn't believe in atheists", and we suppose that X is an agnostic, then all we can conclude is "If X is atheist, then God doesn't believe in X." It depends on how you define 'agnostic'; if agnostics aren't necessarily atheists, then you can't really deduce anything vis-a-vis agnostics from the given assumption.

Suffering seems to be a part of (everyday?) life for most people. Whether we're better off from the suffering...hard to tell. It's difficult to weigh the known history against counterfactuals--what would have happened if a certain instance of suffering had not occurred--since in general we do not have access to accurate counterfactuals.

Depends on what you mean by "knowledge". If you mean something like Plato's "justified true belief", then if we are to know p, we must meet the 'knowledge' criteria.

That is, we must:
1) believe p, and
2) we must have a justification for our belief in p.

Belief in p can be acquired in many different ways--perhaps from a book, perhaps "pulled out of your ass" (i.e., you thought up p yourself), perhaps as a judgment or inference based on our experiences.

What it means to acquire a justification for our belief in p will depend on your theory of justification. If you're a modern American, your theory of justification might be that a justification for p must take the form of a chain of reasoning or evidence regarding p. (How you access whatever you define "evidence" to mean will of course depend on your epistemology).

So (a), (b), and © can each be legitimate sources of truth.

God has a beard?

Well, first you have to understand what is meant by "right" and "left" (i.e., the arbitrary assignment of coordinate directions). Determining which direction is which in a given circumstance amounts to being sufficiently aware of context.

For example, if someone is facing you and asks, "Which direction is right?" You would probably point to your left, which would of course be his right.

To exist authentically according to His nature, I imagine.

Because women get pleasure from certain stimuli in their vaginal canal.

I don't have a specific denomination.

• b. Polyamory
  • c. Polytheism.
  • d. The three stooges

Probably ©.

If God knows everything, then He knows what He would do if He weren't omniscient. He can then just do that.
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
It depends on what we are 'Made to Believe.'

I believe their is not 'proof' of nothing yet we still accept the concept across the board.

I will differ to tiberius for my answer on this one.

I don't know that God does not believe in Atheists.

That in life we should not run or try and avoid all suffering.

Knoweledge is not wisdom. We are taught or obtain knoweledge.

Because they do not sell just for men in Heaven??

If i am right then everything else is what is left. (for you stimmy)

To create and to rule what He has created.

Not all of us do. Wink

It's not.
http://atheistforums.org/thread-12406.html

(F) The US Goverment.
The Judicial branch (The Supream Court)
The Congressional branch (Congress/Senate)
The Executive Branch(The President)

Three branches one Goverment.

Just because God knows how a game will play out does not mean He won't just let it play out. (Just because you would cheat in this situation does not mean God would cheat in the that situation.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2157 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5226 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22471 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  I will be gone for a few days Der/die AtheistIn 2 1165 October 19, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  A few questions for Christians... Simon Moon 7 2178 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Drich
  A few choice words id say. dyresand 50 9814 October 9, 2015 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The Incredibly Stupid Things (Few, Hopefully) Atheists Say Mudhammam 24 7225 April 3, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  GodsChild a Few Quick Questions? Rahul 73 19094 June 30, 2013 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Strongbad
  Why are there so few Christians in Science? Justtristo 53 22177 July 9, 2012 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Cantor
  A Few Scatter-Brained Thoughts TheYoungAtheist 3 1651 June 21, 2011 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist