Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why there are so many denominations
Why there are so many denominations
If you have not been following any of my post to this point, then maybe you do not know I do not represent any specific domination or even a non denominational church. What I am representing is biblical Christianity. Meaning what I am writing about has been modeled in the bible, and if any of you wish to see book chapter and verse then ask for it. as i have been told not to "preach" unsolicited sermons.

That said I turn my attention to the question why there are so many sects of Christianity?

My response is there has always been. If you look at how the bible was compiled and written, more over the NT. you will see it is divided into the 4 gospel accounts (the stories of Christ) the book of Acts, which is the general establishment of the Church and the introduction of the Apostle Paul. Then we have the different letters or books to the different Churches or the first centuries equivalent of the different denominations of the church. The letters to the church at Corinth, Rome, Galatia, Ephesus, The letter to the Former Hebrew worshipers, all represented different denominational forms of worship. This is made evident in the letters themselves in how the various authors addressed the various forms of worship. God through the Apostles never set up a singular form of worship as He did with the Jews.

If God wanted us to adopt all of the ceremonies traditions and rules that most of you think of whenever Christianity is mentioned. He would have given to us. Christianity Biblical Christianity is about freedom from religion. The works found in the books of the NT attest to this fact. Paul Spends most of his time shooting down all of the different religious "have to's" the different churches and church leaders were making for themselves.

Christ told us (and this sentiment is also echoed by Paul) The whole of the law hangs on two commands. To Love our Lord God with all of our being,(Heart/ with all of your feeling, Mind/with all of your academic ability, Spirit/with all of your will and Strength/physical effort) and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

That is it. Those are the governing terms of Biblical Christian worship. Subsequently that is why there are so many different sects of Christianity as well. Because all of us are a little different and we have different strength, our adherence to our greatest command would have us worship alittle differently to meet our indivisual strengths. Honestly I do not even think this is a conscience effort for most, we just naturally want to do our best for God.

For instance a charismatic man would waste away his gifts in a strictly academic church or setting. and vise versa an academic would not be worshiping God with all of His abilities if he were to worship in a jump up and down charismatic setting.

Christ freed us from a singular rule driven worship and ceremonies type of service, unless this is the type of thing we need. "For what you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven, and what you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven." Meaning for the one who seeks to worship Christ with all of his being his efforts are only bound by His heart.

Obviously one has to reconcile that with what has been written to regulate the church (the have to's for the most part) but outside of where the bible speaks you are free to worship how you see fit. Apparently there about 35,000 different combinations (give or take) of sanctified (Christ centered forms of fellowship.) where like minded believers come together to worship God with all of their being.

Someone asked which one is the correct one? the answer is none are on their own merit, yet all are under the atonement offered by Christ.
How is this possible? The same atonement that is offered when one willfully sins is also offered in abundance when one gives all of His heart, Mind, Spirit and Strength to God. Even if all that he has to offer falls short of another's standard.

The tricky thing here is not to talk yourself into lowering your "all in standard" to suit your current life style, lest you think God a fool or bound by loop holes you have created for yourself.
RE: Why their is so many denominations
Simple answer Drich. Its all for money. When you feel one denomination is not profitable, jump ship to another. That is why I left my Church and now non-denominations and the true son of Christ. You don't need a group of people to worship Lord. It can be done alone, in the confines of our own house.
Drich, that entire mess of an OP (by the way, thank u for not preaching) is your own opinion that you adopted from some sheep who adopted it from 100 other sheep. You are an authority on nothing and there are likely 50 million+ other sheep who would tell you that you are completely wrong and that their denomination is the only true way to Christ.

In addition, the Westboro Baptist idiots are just another denomination loving god in their own unique way? According to you everything they're doing is A-ok. Whatever man ... Who the fuck are you? and Why should any of us put any weight in one silly word you say? Ri-goddamn-diculous!

Christian Wrote:You don't need a group of people to worship Lord. It can be done alone, in the confines of our own house.

And yet you convince yourself to go around pushing your "private" religion on everyone else. [Image: ShakeHead_ZPDD8V.gif]

I'm going to need to see both of your certified stamps if you're going to keep telling me the REAL truth.
[Image: True-Christian.png]
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:What I am representing is biblical Christianity.

Arrogant bastard, aren't you? So you follow the bible and the other 33,000+ conglomerations of xtian fuckwits are all wrong because they don't agree with you?

This should be fun.
(April 19, 2012 at 12:20 am)Cinjin Wrote: And yet you convince yourself to go around pushing your "private" religion on everyone else.

Not anymore.

Quote: Christian Wrote:You don't need a group of people to worship Lord. It can be done alone, in the confines of our own house.

I agree that organised religion, with its dogma, and clergy,with its hand always in your pocket,is perhaps the greatest confidence trick ever perpetuated on the human race.

Jesus is recorded as having said:
Quote:'Where two or three are gathered in my name,there am I among them (Matthew 18:20)

Thought for the day
Quote:Tell me your idea of heaven and I will tell you what is missing from your life (anon)
[quote='Christian' pid='274718' dateline='1334809098']
Simple answer Drich. Its all for money. When you feel one denomination is not profitable, jump ship to another. That is why I left my Church and now non-denominations and the true son of Christ. You don't need a group of people to worship Lord. It can be done alone, in the confines of our own house.
[/quote]

Worshiping God from your house is not excluded in biblical Christianity. As we are told where ever two or more gather together "there I am as well." Just remember not to forsake the assembling of ourselves one to another.
[quote='Cinjin' pid='274720' dateline='1334809239']
[quote]Drich, that entire mess of an OP (by the way, thank u for not preaching) is your own opinion that you adopted from some sheep who adopted it from 100 other sheep. You are an authority on nothing and there are likely 50 million+ other sheep who would tell you that you are completely wrong and that their denomination is the only true way to Christ.[/quote]Which is perfectly fine. Why? Because if Loving God with all of their being does not allow them to see beyond their understanding of Christianity then they are bound to it.

[quote]In addition, the Westboro Baptist idiots are just another denomination loving god in their own unique way? [/quote]Does it conflict with what has been written in the bible?

[quote] According to you everything they're doing is A-ok. [/quote]No not quite reread the last paragraph.

[quote] Whatever man ... Who the fuck are you? and Why should any of us put any weight in one silly word you say? Ri-goddamn-diculous![/quote]There is no "should believe" in anything I say. If you want understanding here it is. if not you are more than welcome to maintain your current beliefs.

(April 19, 2012 at 1:36 am)Drich Wrote:
(April 19, 2012 at 12:20 am)Cinjin Wrote: Whatever man ... Who the fuck are you? and Why should any of us put any weight in one silly word you say? Ri-goddamn-diculous!
There is no "should believe" in anything I say. If you want understanding here it is. if not you are more than welcome to maintain your current beliefs.

Should believe? I said no such thing - as you are not offering us anything even resembling understanding, rather the lack thereof and your own twisted version of a really stupid worn out religion. As for maintaining my current beliefs ... thank you Captain Obvious, I will do so.
[Image: Evolution.png]

You know, if you became a Cardinal you'd get all the funds you could ever want, near immunity from prosecution, all the pussy you could secretly have sent to your room and a massive unquestioning mob of people who will kill anyone who says nasty things about you on your say so.
I mean, I have way too much of a conscience to actually pursue this but if I became a man of the cloth... *wow*. The shit I could do.
I'd arrange a meeting with Leah Darrow and convince her that I had the key to her salvation. Wink
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(April 19, 2012 at 12:52 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:What I am representing is biblical Christianity.

Arrogant bastard, aren't you? So you follow the bible and the other 33,000+ conglomerations of xtian fuckwits are all wrong because they don't agree with you?

This should be fun.

All Denominational Beliefs by definition are issued through a given church's hierarchy and not through the bible itself.

Meaning their is a pope, a Bishop, consul, or some sort of agreed upon leadership that determines "doctrinal/approved" beliefs and interpretations of the bible. Even if passages conflict with church doctrine, a church's doctrine always takes precedent, unless it is changed. (For instances priests getting married. The Catholic church maintains priests can not get married, yet there is scripture that says they can.)

Doctrines start with a principle and then are supported with a myriad of scriptures taken from various places in the bible from one degree or another.(In or out of context, put together whether or not the orginal writer intended to push a given point or not.) Or worse yet some denominations believe their church leaders are spiritual descendants of the Apostles or modern day Prophets themselves, and can amend the bible creating their version of christianity anyway they like.

Amending the bible is not biblical based Christianity.

Taking scripture out of context to create doctrine like the omni aspects of God, is not biblical based Christianity.

What I am trying (and many others) have tried to do is take the scripture and apply it as a whole. We speak where the bible speaks and we remain silent where the bible is silent. Meaning there is freedom where the bible is silent to allow one to worship as he see best to worship God, while trying to remain the confines of the few remaining "Thou shalt nots."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God's preferred denominations LinuxGal 1 907 November 26, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5039 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Genesis interpretations - how many are there? Fake Messiah 129 16951 January 22, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: donlor
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 14966 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 29396 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20220 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Which denominations have you spotted on this forum? Fake Messiah 87 14432 August 19, 2017 at 10:14 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 4882 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  There's a Reason Why Christians do Stupid Things Rhondazvous 37 6947 October 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18232 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr