Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch people who don't believe like you!
Punch people who don't believe like you!
[Image: rxnowlUPB0-NKfzJbGE_ug2.jpg]

And I keep hearing about how atheists are such dickheads online.

At least I don't read any fucking facebook posts about atheists going "found a dude who worshiped god; beat his ass lol"
RE: Punch people who don't believe like you!
I especially like the bit about it all being Obama's fault for turning America into such a heathen nation... Icing.
Quote:"found a dude who worshiped god; beat his ass lol"

Not a bad idea though.
[Image: OV1D6.png]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Yeah, I'm skeptical that this is real. Not that I would be surprised to find out that someone really is that stupid.
You're forgetting something, TEGH: States like Tennessee, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, Georgia, and Oklahoma [among others] exist. With this in mind, and stories like this or this in existence... [both of which were pulled from google within 60 seconds of searching; there's many more, but two is all I need for now]

Yeah, you'll forgive me for not being skeptical. At all.
So we're against using violence against people who disagree with you, right?

Funny how people keep excusing the union guys who punched Steven Crowder. Just read the retweets on his twitter feed, people are clapping up a storm and blaming him for bringing it on himself.

That's fucking bullshit. It's fucking bullshit when people blame atheist victims ("He didn't want to say 'under God'! He deserved to get punched!") and it's fucking bullshit when people blame conservative victims ("He was disagreeing with the union protesters! He deserved to get punched!"). The world just has too many assholes.
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
(December 12, 2012 at 6:04 pm)CliveStaples Wrote: So we're against using violence against people who disagree with you, right?

Funny how people keep excusing the union guys who punched Steven Crowder. Just read the retweets on his twitter feed, people are clapping up a storm and blaming him for bringing it on himself.

That's fucking bullshit. It's fucking bullshit when people blame atheist victims ("He didn't want to say 'under God'! He deserved to get punched!") and it's fucking bullshit when people blame conservative victims ("He was disagreeing with the union protesters! He deserved to get punched!"). The world just has too many assholes.

You recognize that people who disagree with you are not one and the same person right?

You just addressed us as if we're the people you saw on Twitter.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(December 12, 2012 at 6:13 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: You recognize that people who disagree with you are not one and the same person right?

You mean, if X and Y are two people who disagree with me, it isn't necessarily the case that X and Y are the same person? No shit.

Quote:You just addressed us as if we're the people you saw on Twitter.

...uh, no, I didn't. I gave an example of people applauding "punching people who disagree with them", and criticized it. This thread is about the issue of punching people who don't believe like you. Nowhere did I address the people who have contributed to this thread, nor the af.org community in general, as if they were the people applauding violence on twitter.
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
(December 12, 2012 at 6:18 pm)CliveStaples Wrote: ...
...uh, no, I didn't. I gave an example of people applauding "punching people who disagree with them", and criticized it. This thread is about the issue of punching people who don't believe like you. Nowhere did I address the people who have contributed to this thread, nor the af.org community in general, as if they were the people applauding violence on twitter.

It seemed implied in the accusatory tone of your post.
My ignore list

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 567 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1227 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3933 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4851 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5441 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people Fake Messiah 42 11164 March 19, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20254 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  I don't believe in Christianity primarily because of the brain SerenelyBlue 111 12720 September 20, 2016 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9297 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Don't Understand The Appeal Of Christianity To People Imaginos7 30 7742 September 10, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Lek