Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:00 pm

Poll: Should rape be punishable by death?
This poll is closed.
No
79.41%
27 79.41%
Yes
20.59%
7 20.59%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death penalty for rapists?
Death penalty for rapists?
I am certain that everyone here has noticed the recent events in India, where a young student died last night, who was brutaly gang raped and beaten by 6 men with iron rods before.

This crime sparked widespread protest in India, where a woman is raped almoust every 20 minutes and authorities long didn`t seem to care much.

Some of the protester call for mandetory death penalty for rapists. And following the story I have noticed that in alot of comments various people from different national backgrounds also demand the death penalty to be interduced in their country.

Personaly I think that in tragic events emotional reactions and the political demands coming from such can ofter be irrational.
Whilest finding the situation for women in India horrible, I do not believe that the death penalty would be a solution to the problem, since the main cause of the problem was that the laws in place were oftern not inforced.

Your thoughts?
RE: Death penalty for rapists?
I'm voting 'no' mostly because I think we should do away with the death penalty altogether.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I am against death penalty for many reasons, probably leftist, but I wish there was a hell for them.
Yes. Seems to be the only thing that will stop these morons. Angry

Apologies to all sensible males who are capable of keeping their dicks in their pants. Angel Cloud
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(December 30, 2012 at 9:26 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: but I wish there was a hell for them.

An infinite punishment for a finite crime? Seems about as fair as god's stupid rules.
(December 30, 2012 at 9:31 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(December 30, 2012 at 9:26 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: but I wish there was a hell for them.

An infinite punishment for a finite crime? Seems about as fair as god's stupid rules.

Fairness is not my priority in punishment, the priority is prevention.

For your info, there's no hell.
I'd just happily let them get raped in jail for the rest of their lives. Smile
Cunt
One thought....

What if it was legal for the victim to cut off the offender's penis??

Thinking

Would THIS be a sufficient deterrent for the illiterate?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I'd be happy if they got raped repeatedly in prison, but I wouldn't wish for anyone to have their penis cut off... Tongue The thought makes me squirm too much.
Cunt
(December 30, 2012 at 11:07 am)frankiej Wrote: I'd be happy if they got raped repeatedly in prison, but I wouldn't wish for anyone to have their penis cut off... Tongue The thought makes me squirm too much.

But it would make the victim feel soooo much better!! Angel Cloud and may act as a better deterrent than the current system.

It only has to happen a few times Angel maybe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So today my "neighbor rapists" ...... Brian37 37 3186 March 7, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Argument against the death penalty by a r-wing conservative Catholic_Lady 0 686 December 6, 2016 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Death Penalty Vote brewer 55 9114 October 12, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Damned Rapists! BrokenQuill92 24 3410 September 30, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Views on the Death Penalty? (a poll) Catholic_Lady 171 23308 July 9, 2015 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Debunking pro-death penalty arguments Dystopia 2 2062 January 2, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  The DEATH Penalty Chad32 85 12175 January 21, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Chad32
  California keeps death penalty. Something completely different 5 1857 November 10, 2012 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Death Penalty 5thHorseman 2 1328 August 9, 2012 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
Exclamation The Death Penalty - are you for or against it and why? reverendjeremiah 448 221739 December 5, 2011 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen