Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 1:49 am

Poll: vague or honest
This poll is closed.
vague
25.00%
1 25.00%
specific and honest
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vague or specific
vague or specific
The question is which annoys you more

Vague christians who basically say things along the lines of "im sure the loving jesus preached was more important than the other parts of the bible" who basically chery pick their beliefs and have a vague spiritual idea of jesus. This maybe to dishonestly get more converts or they are trying to convince themselves of the religions rightiousness.

Or

The very specific christians for example the westboro baptist church who are very open, honest and unmoving about what they believe in. Who actively picket the funerals of gay men who died of aids and also US soldiers. And who remain firm that most of humanity is going to go to hell.

Im asking this because i saw russel brand, i dont think he is a christian but who i find annoying anyway, interview some of the westboro baptist church members and i couldnt decide who i found more annoying, russel brands vague wishy washy politically correct talk of jesus and spirituality or the westboro baptist churches complete disregard for other peoples emotions, picketing at the funerals of people who have just died.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: vague or specific
As far as I can understand the xian bullshit, the WBC are the only real xians on the planet.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
They both pretty much suck.

No need to cherry pick among them.
I'm with Min, the intellectually dishonest and flagrantly insulting are just as bad as each other IMO.
so the question is who do you hate more, those who do not think as you do and are vague about it, or those who do not think as you do and are specific about it?

Does that sum up your survey?
It is surprisingly hard to pick one. But I pick the specific and honest because I feel that they are at least reasoning on a more rational level. How rational is it to twist everything around so that the religion says what you want it to? I think that is almost the equivalent of not believing at all -- which is where I found I was.

The thing is that they claim to be followers of Christ and when you read what the Jesus Christ of the bible told people that they should do he said: don't kill other people, don't steal, don't commit adultery, don't falsely accuse other people, and try to show a little compassion for your neighbor. The hardcore Christians aren't showing compassion. The vague Christians aren't showing common sense. They can rationalize just about anything -- provided that it was done by one of their guys (I am thinking politicians).

I'm amazed at the way the Christians dance around what Jesus actually taught. He sure as hell didn't teach people to go out and be vigilantes. They read what he taught and they ignore it and focus on the supernatural crap. They argue that it is impossible for people not to kill, steal, malign, and cheat, and show consideration to others -- and they argue that they can only be "saved" by Gods grace. Who gives a shit if they are "saved"? They are so damn focused on themselves and their own make believe salvation that they aren't really showing any compassion for other people.
(January 6, 2013 at 1:52 pm)Drich Wrote: so the question is who do you hate more

No, the question was what do you think is more annoying.

It's no wonder you can't construct any intelligible argument to defend your positions when you obviously have trouble reading the simplest of sentences.

Yeah, both.
Sum ergo sum
well i couldnt decide myself, its good in a way that most other people cant decide either

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 6, 2013 at 12:44 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: As far as I can understand the xian bullshit, the WBC are the only real xians on the planet.

I agree entirely with this. They're only repeating what the Old Testament says about everything they don't like.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10709 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
  Gender specific bibles? NaughtyButNice 9 2175 April 29, 2016 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Why are the Christians so vague? RichardP 10 3645 December 31, 2012 at 9:07 am
Last Post: RichardP